To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Stay-Open Menu 3.0 No Restart
Facilitates opening multiple tabs from the Bookmarks Menu and various other bookmark/history related dropdown menus. Less need to keep reopening menu, without using the sidebar. Optional auto-closing feature adds extra convenience.
About this Add-on
For extra convenience, turn on the auto-closing option, and the menu will automatically close after it detects that you've moved the mouse off the menu.
[Note to Mac and Ubuntu users]
Stay-Open Menu does not work with the native Mac OS X Menu Bar, but can be used with the Bookmarks Toolbar, Bookmarks Menu Button, etc. Stay-Open Menu is also incompatible with Firefox's global menu bar integration found on Ubuntu with Unity (to disable that set the about:config preference ui.use_unity_menubar to false). Full details near end of page in 'Developer Comments'
[Note to Pale Moon users]
A version updated to be compatible with Pale Moon 25 can be found on the all versions page: Version 2.2.2
Left-click the desired menu to open it, find the items you wish to open, then middle-click each desired item to open it in a tab. When you are done making selections, click somewhere outside the menu (or press ESC) to close the menu or try the auto-closing option described above.
For support, questions, etc., please use my contact form, the Add-ons Forum thread, or the forum at mozillazine. Finding the cause of bugs and other issues often requires more interaction than is possible in the 'Reviews' (where we are limited to one reply). See 'Developer Comments' (below) or the website for known issues.
Middle-click does not keep menu open for History Menu on menu bar. Fix planned for next version.
Alt-Enter broken when used directly from the location bar (rather than from the location bar dropdown) if browser.urlbar.unifiedcomplete is set to false or on older Firefox versions which do not support unifiedcomplete. Fix planned for next version.
[Mac OS] Stay-Open Menu does not work with the native Mac OS X Menu Bar (middle-click and Cmd-click don't work properly there anyway - Bug 49002 & Bug 313718). Workaround: Use it with the Bookmarks Toolbar, Bookmarks Menu Button, etc.
[Ubuntu with 'Unity'] Stay-Open Menu is not compatible with Firefox's global menu bar integration (to disable it set the about:config preference
ui.use_unity_menubar to false). Prior to Firefox 22 'Global menu bar integration' is an add-on (which can be disabled to use Stay-Open Menu).
If you also use Personal Menu extension, keep it's option 'Close menu after middle-clicking bookmarks' turned ON (checked) for best compatibility. Details on homepage.
* No longer requires restart to install/uninstall. (If you have a 2.x or older version installed and enabled, a restart will be required to uninstall that previous version.)
* Ctrl-Enter now also keeps menu open (Alt-Enter on Location Bar)
* Enabling/disabling middle-click option no longer requires restarting Firefox
* Default support for some menus added by other extensions
* Added option to keep menu open after clicking "Open in a New Tab"
* Support keeping the menu open for History items in the new Panel UI (Hamburger) button of Firefox29+ (Australis)
* Keep menu open when clicking to enable/disable userstyles via 'Stylish' extension's toolbar button (Requires 'Any other supported menus' option enabled)
* Fixed: Ctrl-clicking folder should not keep menu open with Ctrl-click Option disabled (long-standing bug)
* Fixed: Smart Location Bar option should respect TMP inversefocusOther pref when middle/ctrl clicking location bar dropdown items
* Remove ms delay for autoclosing option; replaced with optional margin of error (in pix) to accommodate accidental mouse drift off menu
* Add bits to install.rdf to declare compatibility with Process Separation (aka e10s)
* Drop support for Firefox versions prior to 29
* Drop support for TMP pref and ContextSearch pref (Use the 'Any other supported menus' option instead, which enables both, plus more)
* Drop support for History Button add-on (Use history button from new panelUI instead)
* Drop support for keeping menu open for 'recently closed tabs' on menubar (Use History widget from panelUI instead)
* Drop support for Boox add-on's context menus
* Change method of keeping menu open (avoids 'Access to the Function property is deprecated' AMO validator warning, etc.)
* Remove use of deprecated FUEL API
* Added locales: el (George Malamas), es (strel)- Thanks to new translators!
* Updated locales: fr, it, nl, tr, zh-CN - Thanks to Babelzilla and translators!
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 3.0.1rc1: