is a Silverlight operating system (sometimes called a Web OS or a Webtop or a cloud computer). It brings the convenience and comfort you know from classical desktop applications into your browser. SilveOS.com
gives you a familiar work interface that looks the same whether you’re working at your home computer, or remotely from a borrowed or public computer. System hosts all of your data and applications on the web so that they are accessible from Internet browser and not tied down locally to any one. You can launch applications right away without installation and it will be executed in draggable and resizable windows.SilveOS.com
is web-based and requires Silverlight 3 to operate. Application runs in Silverlight’s security sandbox. By default code is restricted from accessing your file system or doing anything that could hurt your machine. Besides desktop, taskbar, start menu and sidebar, currently it includes such applications:
* File Explorer
* Internet Explorer
* Video Player
* Rich text editor
* RSS reader
* Twitter client
* Flickr viewer
* Youtube viewer
* Virtual Earth
* Games like Chess, Solitaire, Spider etc.
The system supports installing external software. But this program should be developed in Silverlight and be available in Internet or local file system.SilveOS.com
* Convenience and freedom - A personalized desktop, files, apps are available and accessible from any computer in the world.
* No more administration - No more software installation, software update, worry about anti-virus.
* Security - Less prone to typical attacks, viruses, worms, vulnerabilities, spyware and disk crashes.
* Personalization – It includes such features as themes, wallpapers and user pictures management.
* Hardware - Performance doesn't depend much on the speed of your computer.
* Entertainment - Being online, SilveOS.com
offers more opportunities for communicating and entertainment.
* Cost - It is freeware.