To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
SilveOS Firefox addon 2.0.0.rev6.1.1-signed.1-signed Requires Restart
SilveOS.com - Silverlight operating system. It is a website that simulates an operating system inside web browser. You can launch applications right away without installation and it will be executed in draggable and resizable windows.
This add-on has been marked as experimental by its developers
About this Add-on
SilveOS.com is web-based and requires Silverlight 3 to operate. Application runs in Silverlight’s security sandbox. By default code is restricted from accessing your file system or doing anything that could hurt your machine. Besides desktop, taskbar, start menu and sidebar, currently it includes such applications:
* File Explorer
* Internet Explorer
* Video Player
* Rich text editor
* RSS reader
* Twitter client
* Flickr viewer
* Youtube viewer
* Virtual Earth
* Games like Chess, Solitaire, Spider etc.
The system supports installing external software. But this program should be developed in Silverlight and be available in Internet or local file system.
* Convenience and freedom - A personalized desktop, files, apps are available and accessible from any computer in the world.
* No more administration - No more software installation, software update, worry about anti-virus.
* Security - Less prone to typical attacks, viruses, worms, vulnerabilities, spyware and disk crashes.
* Personalization – It includes such features as themes, wallpapers and user pictures management.
* Hardware - Performance doesn't depend much on the speed of your computer.
* Entertainment - Being online, SilveOS.com offers more opportunities for communicating and entertainment.
* Cost - It is freeware.