Breaks drag and drop reorder Rated 3 out of 5 stars
...though it's quite useful otherwise. The point is to be able to manage a lot of tabs, and if you can't put them into a sensible order, then...
Does the minumum well Rated 3 out of 5 stars
Side Tabs does what its name suggests, but it also takes away one very useful default tab behavior. I have no complaints about the ST display of tabs on my wide-screen monitor--that's exactly what I need (and I've used it since about FF 15 or so, right on up to the latest FF version).
Unfortunately, the tabs in ST are not moveable, unlike the default FF behavior, so I'm unable to arrange the tabs in the sequence that I'd like. I've compensated for this somewhat by either moving tabs that I want grouped together to a separate window or by manually closing tabs and reopening them where I want them to be in the tab sequence. These approaches both work, but neither is as easy as the default FF behavior of being able to drag a tab to a new location. This has been a problem ever since FF 17 was released (prior to that, you could move tabs in ST).
Whether this is a bug that the dev can fix or not, I just wish that he'd publicly address the issue in the description section of this add-on page.
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Yes, i am those open too many tabs.....
However can enable an autohide feature? I mean when I am in reading panel those thing is kinda annoying too, and I don't want those busybody people to read on the tab's title since its constant showing there.....at least when the tab is on top it was slightly cut off...haha...and my brother will also very angry if he saw i open so many tabs, lagging his online game process...lol
Beta? Rated 1 out of 5 stars
Not good, sorry. At least in FF22.
Rated 3 out of 5 stars
- Please remove the ugly and annoying blue colour, just take the default theme.
- Please remove the "add tab"-icon - it is annoying too
- tab moving is not working
EDIT: I think the Addon is dead - no update for more than 1 year. What a pity. :(
Side Tabs Wish List and Suggestions Rated 5 out of 5 stars
• Please display the full tab name when hovering ...
Figured out that only one comment or suggestion per person is allowed. Therefore I combined all my suggestions and submitted them all at the same time on Friday 130329 Revised 130401
• Please display the full tab name when hovering over each tab in Side Tabs. It is great that Side Tabs displays the first few words of a Tab's name. Side Tabs would be even better if the Tab's full name appeared when the mouse pointer hovers over a tab just as it does when hovering over the regular tabs in Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera and the wonderful FVD Speed Dial for Firefox.
• Please provide a way to rename Tabs within Side Tabs. TabRenamizer currently works fine but the developer has announced TabRenamizer has been discontinued and WON'T be updated and there are no other Add-on/Extensions to rename tabs in Firefox.
• Please, a right mouse click on a Tab should let users select Tab Properties so we can edit the Name field AND the Description Field. Unique among all the browsers, Firefox provides a Description field which can hold a paragraph of notes and memos. Need a handy place to remind yourself of a website's login and password, only Firefox provides it.
• Please put the newest tabs at the top of the Side Tabs list of tabs just like Firefox's History List of recently viewed pages.
• Side Tabs users while waiting for the ability to again rearrange or move Tabs can hold down the Ctrl key while dragging a tab to place a COPY of the tab in a new position. Then delete the original tab.
• And Side Tabs users can install the "Move Tabs" Firefox Add-on/Extension to instantly move a tab to the top or bottom of the Side Tabs list.
• Right click and select "Pin Tab" to move a tab to the top of the Side Tabs list and have it stay there.
• The "Tab Scope" Add-on/Extension works great with Side Tabs to provide an extra large thumbnail view of each website.
• The "ColorfulTabs" Add-on/Extension provides rainbows of colorful tabs automatically plus the power to choose any colors you want.
• If ColorfulTabs puts too much vivid color on your tabs, install The FXChrome Chrome like THEME along with ColorfulTabs to turn Side Tabs into a more muted work of art.
• Firefox is the only browser that supports animated favicons and so does Side Tabs. Go here to see for yourself http://www.iconj.com/
WHY? Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Won't Mozilla allow sideways tabbar? Oh well, too bad you can't move tabs around on this; otherwise pretty good.
Allow relocation of tabs please Rated 3 out of 5 stars
Good addon, probably a better alternative to Vertical Tabs but where is the ability to reposition the tabs? Apparently this is also the problem with Vertical Tabs but that is understandable since that addon hasn't been updated since 2011. So it's either newer version or Firefox broke that functionality or it has never been there in the first place. Either way give that ability to us.
agreed with prev. Rated 4 out of 5 stars
i had a pair or three buttons that's very useful for me dragged onto tabbar too -- and their didn't visible.
except this it's looks like a good "just works"-styled enhancement
great, except where are the buttons I'd dragged onto my tab bar? Rated 4 out of 5 stars
I like this because it can co-exist with Vertical Toolbar together on the left side, unlike some other vertical tab bar add-ons. Great that it's restartless! But I've dragged some buttons onto my tab bar and, just as with Vertical Tabs (by philiKON) they are hidden while using this extension. Most other extensions of these types display the additional buttons, although what I'd *really* like is if the extra buttons (non-tabs) could be displayed side-by-side horizontally within one or more rows within the side tab bar rather than one above the other.
very practical add-on Rated 5 out of 5 stars
this plugin simple-looking, but very cool. thank you very much.I liked its colors.success
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
It would be real nice if you could add a new tab button to the bottom of the list, as people that do lots of tab browsing (me included) seem to find scrolling through tabs to get to it a hassle. Other than that and the drag/drop issue, which I assume your already fixing, this addon is great! Really cleaned up my browser space-wise.
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Side Tabs no longer supports drag n drop of tabs. I think this changed with Firefox 17, but maybe it was 16. Didn't mention it until now bc I assumed it was being fixed.
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Recently started have all sorts of problems with Tree Style Tabs, basically could no longer see tabs. Loaded Side Tabs on my laptop worked great. Loaded on my desktop, I get the tabs but I have no width control. The tab text overflows on the web page. There is no divider frame between the tabs and the web page. I am using All-in-One-Sidebar on the left, so I was able to narrow its width to get the tab text off of the web page. I like the way it works on my laptop and it is better than what Tree Styles Tabs is doing, would love to get it to work properly.
Side Tabs does not like pinned tabs, I unpinned some of them and it seems to be working reasonably well.
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Yeah, this is the extension I search to optimise my screen usage. This extension does what I wishes. Nevertheless I hope an update to add more functionnalities like :
- customisation (color, font, size),
- hierarchy between tabs (a tab open from another tab should be identifed with a color, a symbol or idented)
I hope this extension will be developped in future :)
Works well Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Looks like now I might be able to avoid those ugly Australis tabs entirely. :D Your planned color etc. options can all be done now with CSS--so simply providing that will help some users [who keep complaining about the bg color :D] right away (while you work on the UI). I think you really need to highlight the New Tab "button" in some way, esp. on hover.
The tab drop indicator doesn't work properly--you start dragging and it appears up on the Bookmarks toolbar and doesn't move (so, not "indicating" at all). I don't drag tabs much anyway.
(FWIW: the right side position option doesn't seem to work in Fx16beta--working OK now for the release update (16.0.1); don't know if that means you'll have to change something soon or if there's a bug there that they haven't fixed yet.)
Anyone who wants to customize their own installed version--colors and what not, feel free to use any code you find here:
UPDATE: Well, now that I've had a chance to try out all(?) of the several add-ons for "vertical tabs", I mostly prefer this one. It's the closest one to being what I want: simply making the horizontal tab bar vertical. And I say this in spite of its one major "sin": positioning itself on the right by reversing the normal browser, which takes EVERYTHING on the left and puts them on the right (big no-no). Anyway, all of them have some problem or other. This one's are just easier to work with [for now--I guess I'll check out the others again in a few months to see if they've "improved"]. So, whatever you do regarding your planned updates, please remember to just... Keep It Simple S*****. :D Thanks.
Nice extension Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Very handy and nice extension.
One feature request - can you provide an option to keep the width of the tabs column constant? I keep ending up in dragging it using mouse inadvartently.
Thx for keeping it simple! Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Love the simplicity of this add-on and the fact that it doesn't have any complexity. It's really great just how it is and doesn't need any more features or anything like that.
However, I do think two "cosmetic" changes would improve the extension overall.
1) change the light blue background to a more "conservative" "unnoticeable" color. I use Ubuntu and the light-blue background is pretty jarring. But I also find it jarring on Windows 7 as well.
2) instead of using elipses (...) in the tab's title when short on space, use the "fade out" instead, like Google Chrome uses in its tabs. The Fade Out allows a few more letters to be seen. The elipses take up too much space.
4/5 stars, change background color Rated 4 out of 5 stars
plugin is nearly perfect for me! I would just like to change the background color. It's baby blue at the moment. Doesn't go very well with my current theme.
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Any plans to faviconize pinned tabs?