Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
If you know what you are doing (advanced users):
1. Open the configurations from about:config
2. Search for "extensions.shortly.key.override"
3. Put your Bitly OAuth access token here.
You are done! Now the short URLs will be created using your Bitly account.
To generate an access token, log into Bitly and navigate into Tools -> Advanced -> OAuth Application.
- Context menu support - It is now possible to shorten the URL of a link or an image by right-clicking on it.
- Add-on button - The add-on toolbar button can be placed on any toolbar you like.
- URL box icon - Shortly icon can be displayed on the URL box for easy access.
- Customizable UI - All of these UI options can be customized from the preferences.
- Toggle display - The toggling display on the status bar has been removed
- Copy to clipboard - The short URLs created is copied to the clipboard.
- Keyboard shortcut - It is now possible to assign a keyboard shortcut and use that to create short URLs. The default is CTRL-ALT-S.
- Toggle display - The short URL displayed can be toggled.
All the features could be configured from Tools -> Add-ons -> Shortly -> Preferences