Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* Fixed issue where blank windows were being saved if encryption was enabled.
* Fixed issue where Session Manager could get into a state, where selecting to restore the previous browser session wouldn't do anything.
* Fixed issue with the "rename" and "delete" menu items getting disabled when they should not be.
Note: not all translations are complete as such some translations may contain English.
* Fix: Restarting Firefox 2.0.0.x would reload an auto-save session, but not mark it as open. This was corrected. Firefox 220.127.116.11 still saves an auto-save session on a restart, but there's nothing I can do to prevent that. It will work as designed in Firefox 3.0.
* Fix: Cache Fixer will now work if user overrides the cache directory by changing the browser.cache.disk.parent_directory preference.
* Fix: Session Manager will now correctly handle unicode characters in the user-specified session directory and session names.
* Fix: Was not clearing session manager data if the browser was set to clear private data at shutdown, but not prompt when clearing private data and the user chose to clear the session manager data when clearing private data.
* Fix bug 18515: When moving mouse over last saved session in menu, highlight it as light blue instead of blue. This makes it easier to read.
* Update: Swedish localization
* Fixed bug 17862 - Older backup sessions now display the time they were created and not when they were backed up.
* Fixed bug 17875 - If there is only one blank window, loading a session will always replace that window even if the user chooses to load into a new window. Windows with closed tabs are not considered "blank", so a new window will open in that case.
* Fixed bug 18119 - Saved crashed sessions will now be encrypted if that option is selected. They won't actually encrypt until you use the Session Manager menu the first time after recovering from a crash and only if you put in your master password (if set).
* Fixed bug 18376 - Backup sessions are now always stored in the user specified session directory instead of the default one.
* Added Swedish localization
- More work-arounds for Firefox bug 350558. This should fix the problems where tabs get stuck in "Loading..." and will also fix most (but not all) of the cases where an "aTabData.entries.forEach is not a function" alert would display when saving sessions. This error won't be completely fixed until the user upgrades to Firefox 3.0 (when it's released) or when bug 402349 is fixed in Firefox 2.0.x
- No longer breaks Firefox options in Firefox 3.0 betas.
- Added Korean localization
Fixed bug 15456 - If chose not to backup current session, latest backed-up session was being deleted instead of oldest backed-up session.
* Add: Tab and window counts for sessions are now displayed in prompt window (restore, save, rename, etc).
* Change: The current session is no longer automatically backed up when loading a new session if the current session is not being replaced. In other words loading a session into a new window or into existing tabs in the current window will not save the current session. This was done to prevent backed up overwritten sessions from being overwritten by sessions that weren't really overwritten.
* Update: fi-FI locale
* Fix: Crashed session is now colored blue instead of last saved session in the restore from crash prompt.
* Fix: Crash prompt now displays no counts for crashed session instead of (undefined/undefined). Firefox doesn't store counts in crashed sessions and it is risky to try and calculate it on the fly when recovering the session, so it just won't display. The counts will be calculated in the back-up of the crash session.
* Fix: Wasn't resuming autosave session after a crash if user chose to restore current session. This resulted in the autosave session not being saved unless you user manually saved it.
* Fix: Wouldn't match autosession name with chosen name if session had certain certain characters like "quotes" in the name.
* Fix: Bug 17677 - Menus with closed tabs are not wide enough to display menu items.
* Fix: No longer overrides Tab Mix Plus's placement of tabs when using the Tab Mix Plus undo close tab button.
* Fix: Converting from old session file formats or enabling encryption could caused the session file to become corrupted. Corrupted session files will be corrected.
* Fix: Issues with getting a "aState.Window has no properties" error when first loading Firefox.
# Encryption can now be enabled/disabled from the Advanced tab.
# Last saved session will be colored blue.
# The total number of windows and tabs are now listed after the session name in the following format: (windows/tabs).
# The Command (Apple) key can be used instead of the CTRL key on Macs.
# Middle clicking on the tab bar will reopen the last closed tab. This is disabled if Tab Mix Plus or Tab Clicking Options is installed since they allow middle click functionality to be customized.
# When recovering from a crash or a browser restart, tabs won't automatically reload regardless of the "Reload All Restored Windows" setting.
# Session Manager will no longer allow saving over an active auto-save session. Just use the close and save option if you want to save.
# Optimzed the reading of session files at startup and when displaying the session list for people with extremely large sized session files. There will still be delays when you take action on said files (load, rename, etc), but it won't "freeze" when Firefox starts any more. Note the first time 0.6.1 loads it will take longer than normal since the session format changed again for 0.6.1 and the session files will need to be updated. Subsequent loads will be exponentially faster - bug 17664
Note: A number of the localizations are incomplete. They will be updated when (or for some, if) I get updated translations.
* Fixed accidental reversion of Bug 17196.
* Restarting the browser via the restart menu/button will no longer backup current session or close an autosave session. The reasoning behind this is that when the browser restarts it automatically recovers the current session so nothing will be lost. Basically from Session Manager's stand point the browser never restarted. This slightly speeds up restarting as Session Manager will no longer prompt you to save/restore sessions when restarting.
* Similarly if the browser crashes while an autosave session is open and the user chooses to restore the current browsing session or the autosave session (by name), Session Manager just continues where the user left off without saving the current state to the autosave file. In other words, crashing won't save the autosave session unless the user specifically load a different session on browser start after the crash. The crashed session is backed up as usual.
* Disabled Minefield 3.0a8's prompt asking if the user wants to save the current tab/window state on shutdown. Session Manager already saves these by default and can be set up to prompt if desired. The reasoning for this was that it was causing duplicate prompting on shutdown. If you want to re-enable this after uninstalling Session Manager, change the browser.warnOnQuit preference back to true.
* Some minor updates for Minefield 3.0a8 (no longer need to work around certain bugs in Minefield).
* Changed append mode to append all tabs in all windows to the current window. Previously it would only append the tabs from the first window and then open the remaining windows.
* Added caching of closed window list which will dramatically cut down on the amount of disk access required when opening the closed tab/window list.
* Session Manager no longer changes the Firefox default of saving no POSTDATA in sessions to saving all POSTDATA. Session Manager now leaves the Firefox default in place. This can be changed back to the way it was in the Advanced Options menu, but read this link for the reasons why this may not be a good idea (one user ended up with a 100 MB session file). Text in forms on pages is still saved, only submitted text and data is no longer saved by default.
* hidden option to encrypt session data (see homepage evision history for details)
- Fixed Bug 17196 - Windows that are opened when exiting Firefox will no longer be added to the closed window list.
- Fixed Bug 16976 - tr-TR error corrected.
- Fixed issue where if reload all restored window was checked and Tab Mix Plus was loaded, any tab that was un-closed would reload.
- Fixed issue where if the browser.sessionstore.postdata preference was not 0 and Tab Mix Plus is installed or upgraded, the browser.sessionstore.postdata preference was reset back to 0.
- Added: cs-CZ locale.
- zh-CN and pt-BR locales contain some machine translated phrases since the translators are MIA and they were holding up the release of 0.5.3.3. When/if I receive the updated translations, I'll correct this. If you want them corrected, just send me updated locales and I'll include them in the next build.
- fr-FR locale mistranslation corrected.
- Obsolete de-CH removed (de-DE is used for all "de" now).
- Added option to disable crash recovery.
- The URL of a closed tab will display in the status bar when it's entry is hovered over in the undo close tab list.
- Added option to move the default saved sessions location for people who want multiple profiles, users, platforms, OS's, etc to be able to access the same saved sessions list.
- Added preference to disable built in implementation of Cache Fixer for those who don't like it or have issues with it. To disable set the "extensions.sessionmanager.disable_cache_fixer" preference to true.
- Fixed "Reload on Window Restore" to work when restarting Firefox.
- Fixed issue where sometimes closing a Window would not enable the closed tab/window menu.
2. Added clear list menu option to list menu so user doesn't have to go into the options to clear the list.
3. Updated ru-RU locale, Added da-DK locale
4. Work around for Bug 350558 which can cause closed tab data to become corrupted (closed tabs can't be restored from loaded sessions).
5. Some code optimization.
2. Made compatible with Tab Mix Plus's Single Window mode.
Re-implements Crash Restore's Cache Fixer
Capable of restoring sessions saved under version 0.4.x