Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* Fix: Workaround issue with being able to remove tabs from the closed tabs lists in Minefield 3.6a1pre until fix for Firefox bug 461634 is implemented.
* Enhancement: Added buttons to select all tabs, no tabs or invert selection of the tabs in the session prompt window.
* Enhancement: When displaying the session prompt on browser start up (crash recovery or prompt) move the window so that it will display fulling on screen.
Fix: Fix some issues with resizing the session prompt window.
Fix: Minor incompatibility with Tab Mix Plus's Single Window mode corrected.
Enhancement: Allow OS X users to use Command key instead of CTRL key when clicking on tab names and window folders in session prompt window.
Enhancement: Add ability to restore a single window by CTRL or Command clicking the window container in session prompt window.
To prevent data corruption, 0.6.4.2 needs to convert any encrypted closed window and session data to a new format right after it is installed. This triggers a prompt for the master password, if it is set in the browser. Session Manager incorrectly triggered this prompt even if there was no encrypted data. This has been fixed for 0.6.4.3. As the prompt only appeared once after installing 0.6.4.2, this fix will only affect people who have not installed 0.6.4.2.
* Fix: The tab list will now display tabs' favicons for sessions saved under Firefox 2.0 and 3.0.
* Fix: Forgot to add the session prompt folder icons for SeaMonkey 2.0.
* Enhancement: The session prompt window will now remember the tab tree height in addition to the session tree height.
* Enhancement: Prevent the user from shrinking the session prompt window such that the dialog buttons are no longer visible.
* Fix: Bug 20597 - If encryption is enabled, sessions created in 0.6.4 will be corrupt they contain unicode data. This has been fixed. The first time the session list is displayed, old session files will need to be re-encoded to prevent to allow them to be decrypted correctly. If you have a lot of sessions, this will cause a brief to moderate delay depending on CPU speed. It will only occur once so please allow it to complete.
* Update: Updated locales.
Older notes from the deleted 0.6.4:
* Add: Ability to open the Session Prompt window and load specified tabs on demand. Use the new "Load Session..." menu item.
* Add: Official support for SeaMonkey 2.0a3. Note, Session Manager will only work in SeaMonkey 2.0, not 1.x.
* Fix: Imported sessions will obey the encryption setting.
* Fix: Grouping will no longer be lost when replacing a session using the right click "Replace Session" menu item.
* Fix: The session prompt window will now display icons when using themes.
* Fix: File->Exit now works again in Firefox 2.0 (broken in version 0.6.3.5).
* Fix: Fixed memory leak that could occur when opening Firefox options.
* Enhancement: Use native JSON encoding/decoding functions in Firefox 3.1 and above. This should speed up session processing.
2. Fixed the allowNamedReplace userChrome.js feature I broken in a recent version. Requires userChrome extension.
3. No longer uses eval(). See http://adblockplus.org/blog/five-wrong-reasons-to-use-eval-in-an-extension
* Updated locales
* Loaded auto-save sessions will be properly removed, when the group they are in is deleted.
2. Fixed issue where user could potentially be allowed to select blank rows in the window/tab list.
2. The sort feature is now a three way sort (normal, ascending, descending). Also selected items will remain selected when sorting.
3. Added the ability to choose which tabs to restore when recovering from a crash or when prompting for a session at start up. In the future the ability to choose tabs will be added to normal loads as well.
4. Added a requested "only saved encrypted" feature which will prevent any unencrypted data from being saved. I don't recommend enabling this as it will cause Session Manager to discard sessions if the session cannot be encrypted. For example, if you don't enter your master password when prompted, nothing will be saved.
5. Added separate tool tips to the toolbar buttons and drop down markers.
6. Groups will now display in alphabetical order at the top of the session list in the session manager menu.
7. Auto save sessions can now be set up to save periodically on their own, in addition to the current triggers listed on the documentation page.
8. When displaying the session list, if a session is determined to be corrupt it will be moved to a "Corrupt_Sessions" folder inside the sessions folder.
9. Clicking the middle mouse button on the save session button will once again save the window, instead of the session. This broke at some point, but is working again. This only works if more than one browser window is open, otherwise it just saves the session (one window).
1. Attempting to replace a session, by using the menu item displayed when right clicking on a session, would generate an "aGroup is not defined" error. Bug 20363
2. The tabs field in the session prompt windows would truncate for sessions with more than 99 tabs if the scroll bar was visible. Bug 20361
* The Session prompt window has been updated to display the name, group, tab count and window count in separate columns. The list can be sorted by clicking on the column header. Clicking the header again will do an inverse sort.
* Session Manager now only runs it's shut down processing when Firefox actually exits instead of when the last browser window is closed. Please see the documentation for the ramifications of this change. Setting the hidden preference "extensions.sessionmanager.shutdown_on_last_window_close" to true will undo these changes and make Session Manager behave the same way it did prior to 0.6.2.8.
* If the user chooses the "Save and Quit" option from the Firefox shutdown prompt, then Session Manager won't give the option to save and restore since Firefox will already do so.
2. Updated to work with the updated "Clear Recent History" feature in Firefox 3.1.
3. Fixed bug 20194. Session Manager no longer allows the browser to get into a state where there is a single window open with the toolbars hidden as a result of a session restore operation. This can still happen if the user closes all windows except one with hidden toolbars.
4. Fixed bug 20281. Session Manager was not properly detecting when the user chose to use Firefox's "Save and Quit" when shutting down Firefox. As a result, if the option to prompt for a session on startup was enabled, there would be one prompt for every window that was opened on shutdown. Session Manager will no longer prompt for a session if the "Save and Quit" option is chosen at shutdown.
2. Better method for determining if tabs should be reloaded or not. If the reload option is selected, tabs shuold only reload when a session is loaded.
3. Sometimes multiple sessions would show as latest (blue) in the menus. This has been fixed.
4. Some of the session popup menu items were enabled in conditions when they should not have disabled. This has been fixed.
5. Fixed issue where backups would not occur if there was only one window open with many tabs open and the first tab was "about:blank".
6. The window and tab count is now displayed for the current crashed session.
7. Importing Sessions from Tab Mix Plus will now use code in Tab Mix Plus to convert the session data. The result of this is that Session Mananager won't need to be updated when Tab Mix Plus's code changes.
2. Updated Tab Mix Plus session conversion routine with latest code from Tab Mix Plus.
- The following translations are now complete: cs-CZ, da-DK, nl-NL, fi-FI, fr-FR, hu-HU, ja-JP, mk-MK, pl-PL, pt-PT, ro-RO, sk-SK, es-ES, sv-SE, tr-TR
- The following translations are not yet complete: zh-CN, zh-TW, de-DE, it-IT, ko-KR, lt-LT, pt-BT, ru-RU, sr-YU
If you are interested in helping out with translations, please visit http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option=com_wts&Itemid=88&extension=4127&type=lang
* Fixed issue introduced in 0.6.2 that caused "(0)" to show up after some sessions and the loss of the numbers that appear before the session name.
* Added help button to options.
* Options to disable cache fixer functionality is now in the Advanced options pane.
* Updated translations (some are still incomplete).
* Fixed issue where blank windows were being saved if encryption was enabled.
* Fixed issue where Session Manager could get into a state, where selecting to restore the previous browser session wouldn't do anything.
* Fixed issue with the "rename" and "delete" menu items getting disabled when they should not be.
Note: not all translations are complete as such some translations may contain English.
* Fix: Restarting Firefox 2.0.0.x would reload an auto-save session, but not mark it as open. This was corrected. Firefox 184.108.40.206 still saves an auto-save session on a restart, but there's nothing I can do to prevent that. It will work as designed in Firefox 3.0.
* Fix: Cache Fixer will now work if user overrides the cache directory by changing the browser.cache.disk.parent_directory preference.
* Fix: Session Manager will now correctly handle unicode characters in the user-specified session directory and session names.
* Fix: Was not clearing session manager data if the browser was set to clear private data at shutdown, but not prompt when clearing private data and the user chose to clear the session manager data when clearing private data.
* Fix bug 18515: When moving mouse over last saved session in menu, highlight it as light blue instead of blue. This makes it easier to read.
* Update: Swedish localization
* Fixed bug 17862 - Older backup sessions now display the time they were created and not when they were backed up.
* Fixed bug 17875 - If there is only one blank window, loading a session will always replace that window even if the user chooses to load into a new window. Windows with closed tabs are not considered "blank", so a new window will open in that case.
* Fixed bug 18119 - Saved crashed sessions will now be encrypted if that option is selected. They won't actually encrypt until you use the Session Manager menu the first time after recovering from a crash and only if you put in your master password (if set).
* Fixed bug 18376 - Backup sessions are now always stored in the user specified session directory instead of the default one.
* Added Swedish localization
- More work-arounds for Firefox bug 350558. This should fix the problems where tabs get stuck in "Loading..." and will also fix most (but not all) of the cases where an "aTabData.entries.forEach is not a function" alert would display when saving sessions. This error won't be completely fixed until the user upgrades to Firefox 3.0 (when it's released) or when bug 402349 is fixed in Firefox 2.0.x
- No longer breaks Firefox options in Firefox 3.0 betas.
- Added Korean localization
Fixed bug 15456 - If chose not to backup current session, latest backed-up session was being deleted instead of oldest backed-up session.
* Add: Tab and window counts for sessions are now displayed in prompt window (restore, save, rename, etc).
* Change: The current session is no longer automatically backed up when loading a new session if the current session is not being replaced. In other words loading a session into a new window or into existing tabs in the current window will not save the current session. This was done to prevent backed up overwritten sessions from being overwritten by sessions that weren't really overwritten.
* Update: fi-FI locale
* Fix: Crashed session is now colored blue instead of last saved session in the restore from crash prompt.
* Fix: Crash prompt now displays no counts for crashed session instead of (undefined/undefined). Firefox doesn't store counts in crashed sessions and it is risky to try and calculate it on the fly when recovering the session, so it just won't display. The counts will be calculated in the back-up of the crash session.
* Fix: Wasn't resuming autosave session after a crash if user chose to restore current session. This resulted in the autosave session not being saved unless you user manually saved it.
* Fix: Wouldn't match autosession name with chosen name if session had certain certain characters like "quotes" in the name.
* Fix: Bug 17677 - Menus with closed tabs are not wide enough to display menu items.
* Fix: No longer overrides Tab Mix Plus's placement of tabs when using the Tab Mix Plus undo close tab button.
* Fix: Converting from old session file formats or enabling encryption could caused the session file to become corrupted. Corrupted session files will be corrected.
* Fix: Issues with getting a "aState.Window has no properties" error when first loading Firefox.