To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* Fixed: Issue with the displaying of the undo items not being correctly enabled or disabled when using the built-in closed window list with both the closed window count and closed tab count set to 0.
* Fixed: Error that happens when opening the session menu after adding/removing buttons from toolbar.
* Fixed: Sanitize on shutdown for Firefox 3.5
* Fixed: Sanitize preferences for Firefox 3.5
* Fixed: Height of clear recent history window so we can see our checkbox.
* Added: Confirmation box when checking Session Manager check box in Clear Recent History window.
1. Removed support for Firefox 2. As of this release, Session Manager only supports the Mozilla 1.9 and above branches of the Mozilla code. This includes Firefox 3 and above (as well as any browser based on those versions) and SeaMonkey 2.0. The main reason I removed support for Firefox 2 is that Firefox 2 is not supported by Mozilla and as such contains a number of security flaws so no one shouuld be running it. The other reason is it allowed me to remove all the work arounds I had to add for Firefox 2 and to continue to go forward without having to worry about adding something that breaks Firefox 2.
1. Firefox 3.5 now has a built-in closed window list. Session Manager will now default to use the built-in closed window list instead of it's own internal closed window list in Firefox 3.5. The difference between the browser built-in closed window list and Session Manager's closed window list is that the built-in closed windows list is actually part of the session data, similar to the closed tab list. Session Manager's closed window list is stored separated from the session data. So basically using the built-in closed window list allows closed windows to be saved in sessions and restored when those sessions are loaded while using Session Manager's closed window list allows the list to persist across browser sessions without loading a session. Because of the differences between the two methods, when using the built-in closed window list the option to clear or keep the closed window list at browser shutdown is not available (since it's not applicable) and an option to persist the closed window data in sessions (similar to the existing closed tabs option) is added. See the option documentation for more info.
2. The closed window list now displays the favicon of first tab in the closed window.
3. The closed window list now displays the number of tabs in the closed window in parenthesis.
4. Added previously hidden preferences to options window:
- "Open session as tab in current window" - When enabled, sessions will default to opening as tabs in the existing window instead of opening in a window. This basically works like Tab Mix Plus's single window mode, except that it doesn't preventing opening new windows and can be overridden by the key modifier or right click menu items. Warming: this differs slightly from the way this preference used to work in 0.6.5.
- "Treat closing last window as shutdown" - When enabled, Sesson Manager will treat closing the last browser window as if the browser has shut down, even if the browser process has not exitted. Basically this causes Session Manager to do it's backup processing if all browser windows are closed, but the browser does not exit. OS X users may want to check this since Firefox continues to run on OS X even after all browser windows are closed.
5. There is now an option to append to the current window in the "Load Session..." window. This will load the session as tabs in the existing window.
6. Added a hidden preference "extensions.sessionmanager.update_message" which defaults to "true". When set to false, Session Manager will never display the documentation page after an update. I only have Session Manager do this if the documentation changes, so I recommend leaving this set to "true".
7. Added option to pre-select the last backed up session when prompting for a session at startup. This allows the last session to be loaded by simplying clicking load or hitting enter at the prompt, instead of having to manually select the session first.
8. When the browser is shut down while in private browsing mode, Session Manager will now back up the session that existed prior to entering private browsing mode. If the browser started in private browing mode, nothing is backed up.
9. Added Session Manager startup options to browser startup options window.
10. Officially compatible with Flock.
11. Added ca, uk-UA and sr-RS locales. Not all translations have been updated.
1. Backup sessions now obey the Session Manager persistance options with respect to saving closed tabs and windows.
2. Can now open URLs from the command line in SeaMonkey when Session Manager is set to prompt for sessions.
3. Tweaks to keep advanced pane from opening too small and for the select session session menu from being too wide in the options window.
4. Changed the way favicons are displayed in undo list for SSL pages to prevent triggering an error box if the SSL certificate is invalid. This can result in the favicon not being displayed if it is no longer cached.
5. Fix for issue with wrong tab being selected at browser startup in Firefox 3.5 when restoring windows and tabs from previous session.
6. Made "tick" marks in session load window easier to see when the tab row is selected.
7. Fixed issue with backing up sessions when entering private browsing mode.
1. Session Manager now defaults to saving and restoring closed tabs and windows.
2. The undo menu now crops text in the center instead of at the end.
3. Replaced "folder" icon with "window" icons in tab tree in the session load window. This matches the change in Firefox 3.5.
* Fix: Closed tabs can be removed in Firefox 3.5b4.
* Fix: If the user starts the browser by clicking on a link in another program and then selects to load a session with multiple windows when prompted at startup, don't automatically combine all the windows into a single window.
* Fix: Closed tabs can now be restored when loading a session at browser start without overwriting existing tabs.
* Change: Session labels in the session manager menu are now cropped in the center instead of the end.
* Change: When Firefox is restarted, any active auto-save sessions are saved to the session file.
* Change: Worked around Firefox bug 487219 in Firefox 3.5b4 by restoring any active auto-save session that isn't automatically loaded when Firefox restarts.
* Change: In the "Clear Recent History" window, the checkbox to clear Session Manager saved session was moved into the Details area in Firefox 3.5.
* Addition: Added a hideable column to display the URL for tabs in session prompt window.
* Addition: Added prompt when overwriting sessions
* Addition: Added hidden preference "extensions.sessionmanager.append_by_default". If this is set to true and the "Replace Existing Windows" option is checked, then loaded session will be appended to the current window instead of replacing all existing windows. Basically Session Manager will behave as if the user held down the CTRL key when loading the session. See http://sessionmanager.mozdev.org/documentation.html#restoring.
2. Updated pl-PL locale
* Fix: Workaround issue with being able to remove tabs from the closed tabs lists in Minefield 3.6a1pre until fix for Firefox bug 461634 is implemented.
* Enhancement: Added buttons to select all tabs, no tabs or invert selection of the tabs in the session prompt window.
* Enhancement: When displaying the session prompt on browser start up (crash recovery or prompt) move the window so that it will display fulling on screen.
Fix: Fix some issues with resizing the session prompt window.
Fix: Minor incompatibility with Tab Mix Plus's Single Window mode corrected.
Enhancement: Allow OS X users to use Command key instead of CTRL key when clicking on tab names and window folders in session prompt window.
Enhancement: Add ability to restore a single window by CTRL or Command clicking the window container in session prompt window.
To prevent data corruption, 0.6.4.2 needs to convert any encrypted closed window and session data to a new format right after it is installed. This triggers a prompt for the master password, if it is set in the browser. Session Manager incorrectly triggered this prompt even if there was no encrypted data. This has been fixed for 0.6.4.3. As the prompt only appeared once after installing 0.6.4.2, this fix will only affect people who have not installed 0.6.4.2.
* Fix: The tab list will now display tabs' favicons for sessions saved under Firefox 2.0 and 3.0.
* Fix: Forgot to add the session prompt folder icons for SeaMonkey 2.0.
* Enhancement: The session prompt window will now remember the tab tree height in addition to the session tree height.
* Enhancement: Prevent the user from shrinking the session prompt window such that the dialog buttons are no longer visible.
* Fix: Bug 20597 - If encryption is enabled, sessions created in 0.6.4 will be corrupt they contain unicode data. This has been fixed. The first time the session list is displayed, old session files will need to be re-encoded to prevent to allow them to be decrypted correctly. If you have a lot of sessions, this will cause a brief to moderate delay depending on CPU speed. It will only occur once so please allow it to complete.
* Update: Updated locales.
Older notes from the deleted 0.6.4:
* Add: Ability to open the Session Prompt window and load specified tabs on demand. Use the new "Load Session..." menu item.
* Add: Official support for SeaMonkey 2.0a3. Note, Session Manager will only work in SeaMonkey 2.0, not 1.x.
* Fix: Imported sessions will obey the encryption setting.
* Fix: Grouping will no longer be lost when replacing a session using the right click "Replace Session" menu item.
* Fix: The session prompt window will now display icons when using themes.
* Fix: File->Exit now works again in Firefox 2.0 (broken in version 0.6.3.5).
* Fix: Fixed memory leak that could occur when opening Firefox options.
* Enhancement: Use native JSON encoding/decoding functions in Firefox 3.1 and above. This should speed up session processing.
2. Fixed the allowNamedReplace userChrome.js feature I broken in a recent version. Requires userChrome extension.
3. No longer uses eval(). See http://adblockplus.org/blog/five-wrong-reasons-to-use-eval-in-an-extension
* Updated locales
* Loaded auto-save sessions will be properly removed, when the group they are in is deleted.
2. Fixed issue where user could potentially be allowed to select blank rows in the window/tab list.
2. The sort feature is now a three way sort (normal, ascending, descending). Also selected items will remain selected when sorting.
3. Added the ability to choose which tabs to restore when recovering from a crash or when prompting for a session at start up. In the future the ability to choose tabs will be added to normal loads as well.
4. Added a requested "only saved encrypted" feature which will prevent any unencrypted data from being saved. I don't recommend enabling this as it will cause Session Manager to discard sessions if the session cannot be encrypted. For example, if you don't enter your master password when prompted, nothing will be saved.
5. Added separate tool tips to the toolbar buttons and drop down markers.
6. Groups will now display in alphabetical order at the top of the session list in the session manager menu.
7. Auto save sessions can now be set up to save periodically on their own, in addition to the current triggers listed on the documentation page.
8. When displaying the session list, if a session is determined to be corrupt it will be moved to a "Corrupt_Sessions" folder inside the sessions folder.
9. Clicking the middle mouse button on the save session button will once again save the window, instead of the session. This broke at some point, but is working again. This only works if more than one browser window is open, otherwise it just saves the session (one window).
1. Attempting to replace a session, by using the menu item displayed when right clicking on a session, would generate an "aGroup is not defined" error. Bug 20363
2. The tabs field in the session prompt windows would truncate for sessions with more than 99 tabs if the scroll bar was visible. Bug 20361
* The Session prompt window has been updated to display the name, group, tab count and window count in separate columns. The list can be sorted by clicking on the column header. Clicking the header again will do an inverse sort.
* Session Manager now only runs it's shut down processing when Firefox actually exits instead of when the last browser window is closed. Please see the documentation for the ramifications of this change. Setting the hidden preference "extensions.sessionmanager.shutdown_on_last_window_close" to true will undo these changes and make Session Manager behave the same way it did prior to 0.6.2.8.
* If the user chooses the "Save and Quit" option from the Firefox shutdown prompt, then Session Manager won't give the option to save and restore since Firefox will already do so.
2. Updated to work with the updated "Clear Recent History" feature in Firefox 3.1.
3. Fixed bug 20194. Session Manager no longer allows the browser to get into a state where there is a single window open with the toolbars hidden as a result of a session restore operation. This can still happen if the user closes all windows except one with hidden toolbars.
4. Fixed bug 20281. Session Manager was not properly detecting when the user chose to use Firefox's "Save and Quit" when shutting down Firefox. As a result, if the option to prompt for a session on startup was enabled, there would be one prompt for every window that was opened on shutdown. Session Manager will no longer prompt for a session if the "Save and Quit" option is chosen at shutdown.
2. Better method for determining if tabs should be reloaded or not. If the reload option is selected, tabs shuold only reload when a session is loaded.
3. Sometimes multiple sessions would show as latest (blue) in the menus. This has been fixed.
4. Some of the session popup menu items were enabled in conditions when they should not have disabled. This has been fixed.
5. Fixed issue where backups would not occur if there was only one window open with many tabs open and the first tab was "about:blank".
6. The window and tab count is now displayed for the current crashed session.
7. Importing Sessions from Tab Mix Plus will now use code in Tab Mix Plus to convert the session data. The result of this is that Session Mananager won't need to be updated when Tab Mix Plus's code changes.
2. Updated Tab Mix Plus session conversion routine with latest code from Tab Mix Plus.
- The following translations are now complete: cs-CZ, da-DK, nl-NL, fi-FI, fr-FR, hu-HU, ja-JP, mk-MK, pl-PL, pt-PT, ro-RO, sk-SK, es-ES, sv-SE, tr-TR
- The following translations are not yet complete: zh-CN, zh-TW, de-DE, it-IT, ko-KR, lt-LT, pt-BT, ru-RU, sr-YU
If you are interested in helping out with translations, please visit http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option=com_wts&Itemid=88&extension=4127&type=lang
* Fixed issue introduced in 0.6.2 that caused "(0)" to show up after some sessions and the loss of the numbers that appear before the session name.
* Added help button to options.
* Options to disable cache fixer functionality is now in the Advanced options pane.
* Updated translations (some are still incomplete).
* Fixed issue where blank windows were being saved if encryption was enabled.
* Fixed issue where Session Manager could get into a state, where selecting to restore the previous browser session wouldn't do anything.
* Fixed issue with the "rename" and "delete" menu items getting disabled when they should not be.
Note: not all translations are complete as such some translations may contain English.
* Fix: Restarting Firefox 2.0.0.x would reload an auto-save session, but not mark it as open. This was corrected. Firefox 184.108.40.206 still saves an auto-save session on a restart, but there's nothing I can do to prevent that. It will work as designed in Firefox 3.0.
* Fix: Cache Fixer will now work if user overrides the cache directory by changing the browser.cache.disk.parent_directory preference.
* Fix: Session Manager will now correctly handle unicode characters in the user-specified session directory and session names.
* Fix: Was not clearing session manager data if the browser was set to clear private data at shutdown, but not prompt when clearing private data and the user chose to clear the session manager data when clearing private data.
* Fix bug 18515: When moving mouse over last saved session in menu, highlight it as light blue instead of blue. This makes it easier to read.
* Update: Swedish localization
* Fixed bug 17862 - Older backup sessions now display the time they were created and not when they were backed up.
* Fixed bug 17875 - If there is only one blank window, loading a session will always replace that window even if the user chooses to load into a new window. Windows with closed tabs are not considered "blank", so a new window will open in that case.
* Fixed bug 18119 - Saved crashed sessions will now be encrypted if that option is selected. They won't actually encrypt until you use the Session Manager menu the first time after recovering from a crash and only if you put in your master password (if set).
* Fixed bug 18376 - Backup sessions are now always stored in the user specified session directory instead of the default one.
* Added Swedish localization