Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- improved autohide so that it loads icons instantly;
- update for latest Firefox version.
• Firefox 8.* compatible.
• Added support for always opening a website in a new tab by clicking the mouse middle button, or the mouse left button together with the CTRL or META key.
• Added samfind menu to the new Firefox 4 Application Menu on Windows.
• Added support for importing Firefox Search Engines into samfind.
• Added support for importing Chrome / IE / Safari bookmarks into samfind.
• Added support for importing Delicious bookmarks into samfind.
• Added support for icon data URI's into topic and website add/edit widgets.
Fixed bug preventing the persistence of customizations in Firefox 3.6.x.
Fixed bug related to the persistence of topic and website favicons.
Fixed flickering of Toolbar upon saving changes.
Fixed several issues related to the URL bar placement of the Toolbar.
Fixed drag and drop of URL bar favicon for FF 4.x.
Added export to HTML / XML of topics and websites.
* Firefox 4.0.* compatible.
* Fixed issue with the opening of the Options window on Windows 7.
* samfind button in Firefox address bar now switches functionality from adding the current website to editing it if the website is already added.
* Same behavior has been implemented for the samfind item in the tab right-click menu.
* Website names within menu drop-downs are now max 50 characters long (before it was 20).
* Fixed issue with Toolbar skin on Firefox 4.
* Improved the websites layout in Sidesam by replacing the horizontal scrolling with multiple rows.
* Fixed issues with right-click menu in Sidesam regarding both topic and website "Open.." functionality.
* Added several new social services including AOL Mail, Yahoo! Mail, EFactor, tarpipe and ZooTool.
* Added several new utility services including Blogtrottr, Curate.Us, Joliprint and QRifier.
* If enabled, the social and utility services are now accessible from the web page right-click menu.
* Firefox 4.0 compatible.
* Adding a website through drag and drop onto the Toolbar no longer requires passing via the Options window.
* Added support for drag and drop of topics and websites buttons in Toolbar and Sidesam.
* Added right-click context menu in Toolbar and Sidesam.
* New 'Topics always visible with websites drop-down' and 'Just websites in alphabetical order' layouts.
* New 'Icon and text on hover' show option for topics and websites.
* Added default icon for topics and websites.
* Topics and websites icons are now cached for fast and offline access.
* Added support for website suggestions in Toolbar search box.
* Reduced Options window dimensions to fit smaller screen resolutions.
* After saving, unselected topics and websites are no longer visible, and all topics and websites are now editable.
* Added 'Sidesam' tab in Options window to customize Sidesam skin and search features.
* Added 'Login / Register', 'FAQ' and 'Troubleshooting' sidebars.
* Added more than 60 social and utility services.
* Replaced Twitter, Identi.ca and bit.ly custom widgets with respective standard sharing bookmarklets.
* Added layout option for social and utility services, to choose between 'Buttons' and 'Drop-down menu'.
We also have a tighter integration with bit.ly. You can now use bit.ly from the sidebar and never leave the page that you were on and then you can submit the page from the bit.ly sidebar to any of the rest of the services that you use right from the sidebar. It is really cool. If you already have bit.ly enabled, return to the Socialize tab of the Customization Panel and disable and re-enable bit.ly and enter you login and APIkey for bit.ly. If you don't have one, it will show you how to get one.
- Centralized customization panel to control nearly everything the Bar can do.
- New widget framework for sites that allow for interaction, like Digg, Reddit, and Twitter.
- RSS Feed reader in sidebar.
We have many people to thank for their beta testing and suggestions, especially:
- James Fidelibus
- The OneRiot team - Robert Reich, Jayson & Peter
- Brian Popp
- Adam Potaznik
- Larry Sommers