To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
Spice up your Cats with a few hacks - just add the respective code to your userChrome.css and restart Firefox. Note that the code should go BEFORE any other text you may find inside userChrome.css or it won't do the trick. Alternatively, use Stylish. Install the extension, click on the icon -> Write New Style -> Blank Style -> copy and paste the code.
Hack previews are available at the support forum.
1. Tabs on the bottom (Red Cats 5.8.0+)
Depending on whether your Bookmarks toolbar is hidden or shown, choose one of the two hacks in each pair.
- Red Cats native (built-in) tabs on bottom mode:
- For use with Classic Theme Restorer. If you're using CTR to put your tabs on the bottom, they will not be displayed correctly unless you apply one of these hacks:
2. Tabs on the bottom (old version, Red Cats 5.7.0).
Deprecated! Only for Red Cats 5.7.0. Do not use any of these if you're running Red Cats 5.8.0 and up.
- Built-in (no Classic Theme Restorer):
- For use with Classic Theme Restorer:
3. Colorful selected tab (Red Cats 5.0.0+)
4. Compact Bookmarks Menu button (Red Cats 5.7.0+)
For Australis/Firefox 29+.
5. Old Back-Forward button (Red Cats 4.2.3+)
For those who're using Firefox 4+ and missing the Forward Cat.
SUPPORTED (THEMED) EXTENSIONS
About:Config, AdBlock Plus, ChatZilla, chromEdit, Classic Theme Restorer (partially), Extension Options Menu, Get Mail, Go Up/Uppity, MR Tech Toolkit, QuickNote, RestartFirefox, RSS Icon in Awesomebar, ScrapBook, Simple Add-ons Button, Simple Options Button, Stylish, Throbber Restored, Themes Menu, Undo Closed Tab Button
- If you're using Firefox 2.x - 3.5.x., install version 4.2.4 of Red Cats.
- As of Firefox 3.6 beta, you cannot use Personas with 3rd party themes - switching to the default one is the only option. This is a Firefox limitation and it has nothing to do with the Red Cats theme.
Please do not post bugs, questions, suggestions and the like here in the comments. Contact me by email or visit the support forum.
If you like dogs and cats are not your cup of tea, or pink is your color of choice, I'm sorry but you'll have to find yourself another theme. Red Cats is targeted at cat lovers and only two editions of the theme exist: green and blue. PLEASE take it as a given that:
1. I absolutely DO NOT plan on releasing a pink/orange/gray version of the theme.
2. I absolutely DO NOT plan on releasing a dog/bird/rat version of the theme.
[enh] Web Developer Tools restyled
[enh] Error/config/session restore pages restyled
Fixes and visual polish