To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
- the Rails log for a given request;
- SQL queries with backtrace (in-place run/EXPLAIN functionality on the way);
- the ActionView template tree;
- the server environment and request variables.
It depends on a Rails plugin, rack-bug, more specifically - on my branch of rack-bug of it which was patched to support RailsBug.
Advantages over rack-bug, rails-footnotes and other similar plugins
- Fully supports XHR requests. You'll see RailsBug data on each and every request to the application.
- Does not mess with page body. This means you can debug requests that render text, XML, images... whatever!
- Uses the great and familiar Firebug UI.
Note: Firebug is required to use RailsBug. Duh.
Another note: at this moment RailsBug is a weekend hack. Requests for improvements are welcome here or on GitHub.
GitHub project page