To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
Thanks to Evacci for this awesome add-on which allows Mac OS X users to label their profiles in the dock: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/custom-badge/
Compatibility for Portable Firefox
This release here will not work on portable versions of Firefox. There is a seperate release for portable, it is located here: ProfilistPortable
Australis came and it didn't have a beautiful Profile Manager. Right when I opened the panel I thought it would be so beautiful to show right above the footer what profile you're in. It made sense as right below it, is what account the profile is synced to, and a "?" button that gives you infromation on the profile installation.
I hope one day to discontinue this addon because Mozilla adapts it officially, and of course improve upon it, like prettier CSS and images. Read more about the inspiration behind Profilist at the Profilist Developer Page
- Launch Profile - All profiles are listed in the menu, hover over it and click on the one you would like to launch. If the profile is already open you will get a message that says it is already open, it will also say it think it's not responding but ignore that part, it's responding fine.
- Create Profile - Hover over the menu and click on "Create New Profile", this will create and launch a profile named "Unnamed Profile #". You can then rename it to whatever you would like. On create of new profile it prompts you asking if you want to install Profilist into this new profile.
- Rename Profile - Can rename profiles if they are in use or not. Can use any and all characters in the name. Hover over the menu, put your mouse over the profile you want to rename and click and hold (for active profile just click), after a short time you will get a prompt box. Rename to whatever you like.
- Delete Profile - Can only delete profiles if they are not in use; if it is in use it will throw an exception message. To delete a profile, put your mouse over its name and click and hold on the profile item in the menu (for active profile just click). In the prompt, erase the name from the field and click "OK". You will get a confirmation message, and once confirm, it will delete the profile and all of its files.
There are some improvements I plan to implement. Find out about the details at the Profilist Development Page.
Stephen Hutchings for Icons
Notes for Nerds
Design with browser performance in mind, using the latest technologies from the Mozilla team, this addon is fully asynchronous. The only synchronous part is where I lock profile paths to test if it is in use, I will update this to the async method when it becomes available. Thus the addon does not rely on nsIToolkitProfileService, it uses OS.File.
Feel free to leave bug reports in the feedback/reviews section. You can also submit them at the Profilist bug tracking support system at GitHub.
- Profile Buttons - Users have asked me about a button in the browser to access profiles, I don't have plans for that, but this add-on here brings you that
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 3.0b7