is a simple add-on that protects your privacy when using Firefox during a presentation or a demo.
- disables the autocomplete in the address (awesome) bar that reveals your history and bookmarks
New Tab Page that reveals your top visited sites when a new tab is opened
- collapses (hides) the bookmarks toolbar
- for the search bar: clears the last searched text and disables search suggestions
- clears the downloaded file list
When Presentation Mode
is enabled, it closes all active tabs (but saves them), implements the privacy settings described above and opens a new tab. When you exit Presentation Mode
, the default settings and the saved tabs are restored.Possible Use Case Scenarios
is helpful when you do not want to reveal your history, bookmarks and top visited sites when using Firefox in front of someone else.
How is this different from "Private Browsing"?
- when you want to use Firefox when giving a presentation/ demo
- when you want to use Firefox when someone is standing behind you
- when you want to take screenshot of a Firefox tab/ window and do not want to reveal your bookmarks or currently open tabs
This is completely different. Private Browsing
means that Firefox will not save your browser history or search history. When you enter "Private Browsing", it will still show the websites you have opened and your bookmarks in the address bar, thus revealing your personal information. Presentation Mode
hides all that information.Manual
To enable/exit Presentation Mode
. It can also be enabled through the add-ons toolbar by clicking on the icon.Presentation Mode
is disabled by default; an error icon shows that Presentation Mode
is disabled. To enable, press the key combination above or click on the error icon; Presentation Mode
will then start (the icon will change to a presentation icon). To exit, repeat the combination.Preferences
You can configure the following settings:
- When entering Presentation Mode, clear the downloads list? [Yes/No] (default: No)
- When exiting Presentation Mode, close the tabs you opened during the presentation? [Yes/No] (default: Yes)
-- Presentation Mode
uses icons from the Tango Desktop Project. Licensed under Public Domain.