To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Mozilla Archive Format, with MHT and Faithful Save 5.1.2 Requires Restart
— Open web pages saved with Internet Explorer or other browsers (MHT)
— Save many tabs, video and audio reliably, in a single ZIP file (MAFF)
— Return to the original site you saved a page from, and more!
About this Add-on
After October 15, 2017, the ability to save web pages as MAFF or MHT will be disabled by default in Firefox, and you will be asked to convert your saved pages to view them in the future. More details can be found on the official website.
After November 14, 2017, most installations of Firefox will be updated automatically to Firefox Quantum, and it will not be possible to open or save MAFF and MHT files anymore.
You can use the Save Page WE add-on to save complete web pages in a single HTML file. While this add-on may not be able to save parts of the page embedded from other websites, such as comment sections, the accuracy is generally comparable to that of the Mozilla Archive Format add-on.
• In order to open MHTML files when the IE Tab extension is installed, the filter
/^file:\/\/\/.*\.(mht|mhtml)$/ must be disabled from the IE Tab options.
• When saving a page in an archive fails, retrying the download from the Downloads window does not achieve the expected result.
• Opening very long documents contained inside MHTML files may cause the browser to stop responding temporarily.
Check out the latest development version for updates on new features and resolved issues.
Several changes have been made in version 5.1 to help the transition to alternative solutions for archiving web pages locally:
– The commands to save web pages as MAFF or MHTML are now disabled by default when the add-on is installed in Firefox.
– When updating from previous versions, the add-on now displays information on compatibility and file format conversion.
– The Saved Pages Conversion Wizard now allows extracting files such as images when they were saved in an archive individually.
– The reliability of the conversion has been improved for pages containing redirections.
– It is now possible to convert pages that would take a long time to load.
– When converting complete web pages to other formats, the files to process are identified more accurately.
You can find the full list of changes and known issues on the official site: http://maf.mozdev.org/
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 5.1.2rc