Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
2. Plugin hanging due to #1 is fixed.
1. By double-clicking on the IP address field in Firefox's status bar, the extension copies your IP to the clipboard.
2. Under the Tools menu-item, an entry called Live IP Address has been added which reveals 3 sub-menu options: i) Copy Live IP Address, ii) Force Update Now and iii) Set Update Interval.
3. When the user right clicks inside the web browser, the right-click list displays a new entry called "Copy Live IP Address", if the user select this option a prompt box pops up displaying the IP, where the user may copy that into the clipboard.
4. IP validation method has been added to verify that each value returned from the Web IP Finders complies with the IPv4 format.
5. Total number of IP-Finders 3.
6. When the user right clicks on the IP address field in Firefox's status bar, the options "Force Update Now" and "Set Update Interval" are displayed.
7. Compatible with Firefox version 3.0
b. Checks if results from Web IP Finders comply with the IPv4 format.
Added Features in Version 1.11:
. When user clicks on the IP field on FF's status bar the extension checks if IP has changed and if so it displays it.
. Under the Tool menu item, an entry called Live IP Address has been added which lets the user specify the frequency (in minutes) where IP will be checked for changes.
Known Limitations: If even by firing up Firefox the IP status field stays at "Retrieving your IP address..." and does not update, then either you have reached the 300th time (per day) checking for your IP (this is the upper limit set by www.showmyip.com) or that www.showmyip.com site is offline (try load http://www.showmyip.com/xml/ if you cannot get there then the extension cannot get your IP).
The next version of Live IP Address will include more IP finders to overcome the 300th time upper limit.