Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
Many speed improvements.
* Refactored the code a lot to centralize the blocking process (should speed things up even more)
* Refactored the cookie aspect of closing a blacklisted tab; there exists a bug in FF3.6 that could cause certain cookies to fail to get added back due to their expiry value being set greater than JS's capability for Max-Int (workaround in place, bug fix slated for next small patch of FF).
* Cleaned up domain'ing, should be MUCH more straight forward now (www.google.com different than mail.google.com; google.com captures both).
* Completed the subdomain overhaul. Unfortunately, this MAY lead to some older blacklisted domains to act more aggressively than in previous builds. Specifically, before entries were saved as hostnames only (i.e. 'google.com'), and the default action was on every page with a 'google.com' hostname, blacklisting was used (maps.google.com, mail.google.com, www.google.com, etc). NOW, google.com has the same meaning, but blacklisting 'www.google.com' will be treated as a subdomain, only blocking www.google.com (i.e., NOT blocking maps.google.com, etc; maps.google.com can be blocked individually as well, or the hostname can be blocked for complete coverage).
* Fixed a bug that would cause the meta "refresh" tag to fail every time.
* Fixed an issue which would occasionally cause downloads to add an additional history item to the history drop-down.
* Changed when History entries are purged (now gets called on page-load completion, and only once. Keep the speed increase, and do it the way I wanted it done to begin with!)
* Took out the redundant history-wipe call in Tab-Close events.
* fixed a bug concerning remembering cookies after closing a tab (should remember by default now so closing one tab won't wipe the cookie values of another on the same blacklisted domain)
* added option in "about:config" allowing the user to specify to block cookies on tab close. By default, cookies/sessions are again saved upon closing tabs with locations are blacklisted domains (old functionality). This can be changed by going to "about:config" and changing the preference "extension.historyblock.blockcookies" to true.
* Fixed a bug in adding domains to be blacklisted.
- Added the ability to UNblock domain addresses.
1.2.9 New Features
- Added support for subdomain blocking (games.yahoo.com vs. yahoo.com)
1.2.9 Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug which would cause the download manager to not remove any blacklisted downloads.
- Fixed a bug which would cause some sites with specific hostname signatures to not be blacklisted.