Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- Several fixed and compatibility updates! Works well with
Fx Developer Edition 57+ ! with pref: "extensions.legacy.enabled" turned on
Dynamic Toolbars!: upper toolbars in 'floating' mode with 'smart' autohide
Extra Floating Toolbars!: 4 extra always-floating toolbars, with similar behavior.
See more info in dialog including help page!
- More options > "Action for [Close Tab if no 'Page History behind']"
- More options > "Extra visual effect when going Back/Forward"
- "The good VERTICAL MAXIMIZE"
(+ little adjusts in New-Tab button, pinned tabs)
Tips for testing new code:
• Try opening a video (eg. in youtube) and go fullscreen, try this on maximized and unmaximized Firefox.
• Check for any possible styling mismatch when un/maximizing Fx window and going Full-Screen (F11).
(tested on Win7, 10 & Linux Mint)
(You can leave unchecked: "System Titlebar always hidden" for showing it in Tab-Groups, Print-Preview, etc)
“VERTICAL MAXIMIZE Improved!”: Tabs really on top in un-maximized window also!
Including from: Version 3.1.4rc
With 4 languages, including Chinese (China), Spanish (International), Spanish (Spain) & English.
You can open up to 4 dialogs simultaneously with these languages!
(Thanks! to yfdyh000 for Chinese & strel for Spanish-Spain)
(Fixed some style & margins in these tooltips)
Added also those acroll-actions to "Select Prev/Next Tab"
(listing 'dlgPopups' keyword & 3rd keyword: 'dlgNotifs' in '..z_sys.intFlags' pref. to open a new MenuList for checking translations of Popup-Notifications)
(In MenuLists, fixed bad mix of bkg-color + recommended(green), etc for win-CLASSIC theme -NON aero-)
(Please note that Firefox for LINUX doesn't allow yet doubleclicking for un/maximizing window in these areas mentioned above & tabbar bkg)
New Options, appearing 1st in RC versions only!: (see "More Options" button)
(New minimum Fx version is: 41)
(This addon will reach full e10s compatibility soon, It's working well already on e10s tests.)
Version 3.0.6rc features included:
. FIXED for focused/opened menubar/popups!, improved compatibility (hopefully in all cases) (using "cmd_scrollPageUp", etc.)
. With AltKey : HORIZONTAL SCROLL!
. With CtrlKey: Moving to page TOP/BOTTOM
BRAND NEW: Multiple Configurable Actions for both screen-corner buttons!: Custom Firefox and Close buttons
With many new possible actions/features, including for mouse secondary, middle button, wheel, wheel left/right tilt, double-click and Shift key combinations. (and some Ctrl & Alt keys complementary actions)
With Sounds alerts/effects (all configurable), and 3 preset buttons to start with.
See complete info in main page with screenshots
Options Dialog styling:
And their options are now colored: green for recommended options and blue for default ones.
(please make sure the option "FULLSCREEN MODE: Autohide also Firefox 'Home' Button and Custom-Min,Max,Close buttons..." is checked)
- LINUX: Fixed a little (4px) extra margin at top-of-window.
Version 2.8.5 :
- Fx29+: Fixed "Drag Fx window using Tab-bar background". (Was making Scroll-Arrows to appear always in Tab-bar and some trouble when Customizing Tab-bar too).
- Fixed: MMC customizable buttons were too tall.
- MMC buttons skin: Removed Legacy Advanced option with 'maximize-button'. Firefox Themes can style the restore button for maximized and unmax states.
(This button-id was requested for removal by Mozilla Review)
Version 2.8.4rc :
- New Full-Screen option: "Autohide also Firefox 'Home' Button and Custom-Min,Max,Close buttons when autohiding Toolbars in Full-Screen mode"
- Small Tabs: NEW OPTION: "Small, almost Classic Tabs"
- Fixed issues with "Classic Theme Restorer" addon: (For "Tabs on bottom": extra space on top. Incorrecly Hidden System-MMC-buttons)
- Fixed incompatibilities with "GlassMyFox" and similar addons. (To get glass, turn OFF the option "Disable Fx Window system-caption buttons (min,max,close)")
- PALE MOON: hide "Pale Moon"'s Main-Title at top! (fix issue #232)
- Small Tabs: adjusted NewTab-button width.
- FIXED ver 2.8.3 css bug: if a 2nd Fx window is opened & closed, It removes all latest style(css) fixes!
- Fx29+ NEW OPTION: "System TitleBar always hidden" (see options dialog). For working well along "Tree Style Tab" addon
- [Custom Close-button] Improvement in response to quick user clicks. You should successfully close your tabs quicker now (Ie. 'throwing' the mouse at top-right screen corner & pressing primary button). In next version, You'll be able to use *secondary* mouse button too & do more with this close button :-)
- Full tested & adjusted options in Windows & Linux!
- *Full Compatibility* with new Firefox 29 with AUSTRALIS theme.
- New options in dialog: custom-color options for windows-background and custom-borders.
- Avoids Fx29's titlebar flickering when switching to/from Tab-Groups (Ctrl+Shift+E)
- some more things.
- Fixed an issue related to system-caption buttons (Min,Max,Close) in windows (appeared in Fx18 in a new profile)
. (System buttons were active (clickable) despite NOT being visible and/or system-caption were visible when configured otherwise)
- This should help to fix a reported strange situation where Fx window positioning & control alignment with mouse cursor isn't good. This may be another addon/theme interfering with the option "Disable System buttons (min,max,close)" (mentioned above).
>> If you had this issue you can try 1st the "No (default)" setting in such option (please confirm in support-site that this works), then try ,  &  options too.
- Finally We have a workaround option for having **customizable Min,Max,Close buttons** again in Windows! (see Options Dialog)
- New option for Firefox window "System border" adjustments.
- Many fixes and improvements.
- (I'll complete more details here)
- To advanced users: FYI I'm cooking a new exciting feature that I'll start to upload 1st in the "Development Channel", if you want to switch to that
(You'll start receiving updates immediately as I upload them).
That will serve to try it, especially the new styling. It'll be already very mature when published. I'm already enjoying it several months ago :-)
(There I'm publishing already all updates as RC versions, with same quality as public ones)
- New options/preferences:
. . Separate Top-Edge-position fine-setting for Maximized and Unmaximized window.
. . Much improved Firefox 'Home' (configurable) button look + new transparent option.
. . Custom borders & corners: 'Make them visible or not'.
. . 2 new Advanced options: Smaller-Tabs & Samller toolbars height.
. . Improved options dialog (trying to be more user friendly) & moved/rearranged old -rather unused- options.
. . In LINUX: now you can always use/configure custom-caption, mmc buttons & borders (despite other/s options)
- Floating menu and buttons: Added ESC key for dismissing.
- Please note that Preferences can't be changed after entering Private-Browsing.
- Workaround added for *Firefox 12a+ titlebar issue*!. When applicable, in options dialog appears in *red* font an explanation about 'system buttons (min,max,close) always present'. (You can see more details about this Fx12+ condition in main addon description and Firefox Bug 730219)
- Many visual (styling) improvements and fixed visual issues:
. . Ie. with the PRINT-PREVIEW toolbar, left custom-border, panorama top-edge buttons, Float-menu and other visual glitches in titlebar area.
. . fixed a duplicated min.max,close buttons issue for Walnut2 theme (internal hbox to hide system-buts)
. . AERO BASIC: fixed specific visual glitches in titlebar area.
- Fixed Issue 173: Interaction with LastPass Addon! and another similar case: 'Fixed' buttons -at corners- was overlapping toolbar-items. (found toolbox with foreign or position:fixed objs)
- Fixed issues & improved compatibility with new Fx versions and some popular addons.
- Several improvements for code performance here and there.
- Floating-menu: fixed a frequent menu slight displacement (& now menu instantly activates by keypress).
- New options: activation & deactivation *delay-time* for floating-menu & floating Min,Max,Close buttons.
- New options: Min,Max,Close buttons separate settings (enable/micro/disable) for maximized and unmaximized window.
- FIXED: After returning from full-screen, the option Advanced>"Custom Top-edge margin ..." was lost.
- Important Notice: If you are using the "[hcp] Min,Max,Close Buttons" control from the "Customize Toolbar" popup, you will notice that It disappeared. Don't worry, you can re-add It by dragging It again from the Customize popup.
(this was due to an internal id forced change to comply with reviewer suggestion)
- Much less flicker when de/activating (hide/show) any toolbar (+ more compatibility with addons that controls toolbars).
- Little changes in context-menu & Firefox-button (includes a temp shadow-style workaround showed in private-browsing mode + style fix for 'FXChrome' theme)
- Some improvements for compatibility, etc:
- Floating-menu option: not disabled anymore by unchecking 'Custom Firefox App. button' + working with "Movable Firefox Button" addon.
- New option "Top-margin style.. -> enforce Zero.", for compatibility with themes like noia4. + fixed visual glitch at top-edge with such theme.
- Options dialog: new icons/graphics, 2 new + improved fx-button graphics. (now I'm an ex Gimp-illiterate! :-). Better description in LINUX ("Show Firefox 4+ main-menu button")
- Other changes:
- Better performance in 'Setting Web-Title' code. (also +perf. in 'calcSpaceforButtons') Better browser-language report in system_info.html
- Dropping Firefox 3.6 compatibility in this version. (facilitating adding performance improvements for Fx4+)
* Known Issues:
- In LINUX, dragging (moving) window using the floating menu/title isn't working well in some systems.
- Several new options/features! (see Options Dialog): Custom setting for tab-bar/toolbars area top-edge position. More control of minimize,max&close buttons. Turn on/off custom-borders&resizers.
- Window's Aero-Glass themes: new configurable options to hide inactive standard-System-buttons instead of the old fixed 'dark-shadow' workaround at top-right corner. Not showing it anymore with 'Personas' skins. Fixed several visual glitches (around 'Fx4 titlebar' & custom-caption). These options makes you able to prevent duplicated min,max&close buttons to appearing.
- Options dialog: new tooltips/help-text, some options are disabled when applicable.
- In GNU/LINUX (Ubuntu,etc): Titlebar can be hided again! (see new option that controls this in Options Dialog / advanced section). Adjusted default values for some options.
- Fixed many little bugs and some visual glitches since Firefox 4: some due to incompatibilities with other addons like three-style-tabs. Better aligned window borders around addon-bar.
- Improved window-dragging + Aero snap/unSnap via addon's own drag-controls & toolbar spaces that you can add via 'Customize-Toolbars' (with one exception: dragging the floating web-page-title doesn't do yet aero snap/unsnap).
- More options for floating menu + title, like timeout settings for turning on/off when hovering and custom background color/appearance.