Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Hide Caption Titlebar Plus 2.9.7 No Restart
"Maximize your screen space by controlling the presence of Firefox window Title-bar (Caption) & borders!", to be like Chrome Browser. - Hide FF's caption with 'smart' options, *optional* custom caption & resizers. - Works with ChromiFox-like themes.
About this Add-on
There's already a New RESTARTLESS(1) version of this addon, with latest improvements/styling/fixes.
The latest copy is already in the Development Channel (below), in order to have It tested by as many people as possible. (And as many different Firefox customizations as possible)
And after this Restartless version, there's coming some new exciting features.
Please give It a test and let me know if there's any glitches in the support site.
(1) The restartless addon can be updated, enabled and disabled on the fly.
PS: later on, It will be published in the Regular Release Channel.
* Previous News: *
- Full compatible with Firefox 29+ (AUSTRALIS Theme). since version 2.8.2 . Fully tested on Windows and Linux!
Released also in *Development Channel* here, please download from that channel so you'll stay with latest version always.
- Thunderbird version is available! (Windows only)
* These descriptions still needs updating of new functionality since Firefox 4: *
- The main source of features info is the addon's Options/Preferences dialog, with many tooltips and descriptions. (accessible also from the context-menu mentioned below.)
- There is a Context-Menu (mouse secondary-button-click) accesible from Fx main button, Max,Min&Close buttons and Drag-Window control, for opening Options dialog.
- Works and looks good with ChromiFox basic theme, and also with ChromiFox Extreme, Cfx Extreme CARBON, Strata40/StrataBuddy. (theme tips in readme).
- Compatible with all utility addons that I could test so far. Ie.: Tab Mix Plus, Tab Kit.
- Bug/Issue reports are welcomed in the Support site. Please don't post them in a Review here. (Also, please don't report download errors, they are not caused by the addon, but by one of the many download mirrors of this site.)
- Please note that in Mac OSX there are mixed reports about hiding the caption.
- Check the Development Channel below for a possible newer version with last fixes! If found, you can check It's Release Notes in 'See complete version history' link.
- ** About Firefox 12 or later issue: Disabled Customizable-Min,Max,Close-buttons ** (in Windows with Glass desktop)
On 2012-01-15 was changed a needed Firefox capability that allows addons like HCTP to have customizable Min,Max,Close Buttons in Windows Glass desktop, that I still hope to be fixed sometime soon.
Since version 2.7.1 finally there's a workaround for this!.
FYI: In options dialog (where customizable buttons are configured), there's an option to remedy this condition (by default, customizable buttons are ON). Also, this problem don't affect you if "Show Firefox 4+ Titlebar" is setted to "enabled" (of course losing some space).
I've filed Firefox Bug 730219 on 2012-02-24 about this.
This is discussed already in the Support Site, Issue 178.
- I's recommended (and very easy) to test any issue by opening a new Firefox window with a blank (fresh) profile! (You can leave open the main Firefox window, that wont be affected at all). Very useful to identify addons incompatibilities.
Simply run this command:
firefox.exe -no-remote -profile "c:\_Firefox_temp_profile"
Having another Fx window with a fresh profile can also be useful to try at will this and other addons without interfering with your main Fx window/profile. (Just in case, more info here: "Opening New instance of Firefox with another profile" )
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above. Install development version
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla and can't be installed on release versions of Firefox.
- Version 2.9.7rc: