To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Good Website Inspector 1.0RC2.1-signed.1-signed Requires Restart
Good Website Inspector is an extended ruleset for YSLOW, a Firefox AddOn, to check source codes of HTML pages to get easy and fast hints to optimize the current page.
About this Add-on
Who should use Good Website Inspector?
Developer, Advertisement Agencies, Online Product Manager, Online Project Manager and other people interested in modern and high quality web development should use the Good Website Inspector.
You must install Firebug: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843/
You must install YSLOW: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5369/
Tips & Tricks / Hints
- You should deactivate the browser cache to prevent failed analyses
- The scores of front pages are often more worse than entry or article pages
- You should only compare the same site types eg. article site from domain a with article site from domain b to get a valid result
- To receive an overall score from the whole site you should test all possible page types like front page, entry detail, category overview and calculate the average score.
- If you are unsure of the given result of a page please try a hard reload (Strg+F5 / Cmd+Shift+R) of the page and apply the ruleset again
- Pages should ever tested with full included components like ads or external widgets or services to get a valid result.
- Please also check the ruleset "Small Site or Blog" from YSLOW to receive additional performance related optimization hints
- You can print or save the result of the rules by pressing the button Printable View!
For more information and rule explanation please visit the http://www.goodwebsiteinspector.com
- Works now in Firefox 4
- Extended Rule 'HTML: Avoid deprecated tags': More detailed explanation of tags i and b and their meanings in HTML5
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following: