Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
NICE !! Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Pretty cool extension. Thanks alotThis review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.3.2007041101).
Doesn't Work With Other Themes Rated 4 out of 5 stars
This is an awesome addon. Its simple and easy to use and does exactly what you want it to.
BUT it does not work with some other themes. You have to use the default theme otherwise you get three rows of icons.
Also it would be great if you could add an option so that the split browsers would take up half the screen.
Overall Great Job!
please fix write lock Rated 3 out of 5 stars
I liked a previous version very much but in the past few versions I cannot type in the split frame. Please fix this bug!This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.3.2007041101).
nice add-on Rated 3 out of 5 stars
This is a great add on. It does exactly what it says. I've had two issues I have come across.
1. I often open a split when I'm simply trying to use the vertical scroll bar.
2. When this happens in a pop-up window that has no tabs, there is no close button to click to remove the split. If I close the pop-up window and reopen from the link that creates the pop-up window, the split stays there. I have to completely close firefox to get rid of the split.
Write lockout and new tab does not work in the split area Rated 2 out of 5 stars
Compared to the previous version, this version seems to have introduced two new issues for me:\r\n1) Sometimes I get a write lock, arbitrarily, e.g. while writing email in gmail. Mind you it works sometimes though. It is very aanoying.\r\n2) I cannot click and open a new tab anymore in the split part. It used to work fine earlier.\r\nThis review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.3.2007030901).
Thanks. And one suggestion Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Hi there, thanks for this nice extension. I have one suggestion that would make it super useful for me.
* I perform a search for "Firefox" in google.com
* The search results appear
* I split the window to the right
* Now I have two windows, one containing google search results, the other window is empty
* I right click in the empty window and select an option saying "Make this window the target of links"
* Now I go back to the google search results and click the first link. The page opens in the empty window. Now I have a window showing the google results and another window showing the first result of the google search.
* Now I click the second search result. This link opens in the window showing the first result. Now I have a window showing the google results and another window showing the second result of the google search.
* Now I hold down CTRL and click on the third search result. This search result opens in a TAB in the second window. Now I have a window showing the google results and another window containing two tabs, the first tab showing the second result of the google search and the second tab showing the third google search result.
I hope that makes sense. I think it would be an excellent addition to firefox, and actually it is something I have been looking for for years :-)
I can almost do this right now by dragging the google search result links into the other window, but it would be excellent to be able to designate another split window as the target of links.
Thanks very much,
Awesome-only one thing... Rated 4 out of 5 stars
I use this all the time when I shopping and listing on eBay. Only problem I have is that unless I disable it, I cannot use FireBug.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.3.2007030901).
Write lockout!? Rated 4 out of 5 stars
at first we want to thank you for this great extension! We want to introduce its features in a seminar with students here in Germany to create their own personal learning environment.
But in your current version from March 2007 we have one important problem. In the splittet windows arise write lockouts. So e.g. I´m not able to change texts anymore if I use Google Docs in these windows.
We really would appreciate if you could fix this little bug so we can use this visually improved version of Split Browser in the seminar.
Thank you in advance!
With best regards
Marcel from Ilmenau / Thuringia
Good but I found a bug, I think Rated 4 out of 5 stars
I like the idea of split browsing, but with the theme Cobalt Firefox there are 3 rows of buttons in every split making the bars big and ugly. Is there a way for me to fix it or can you make a fix?This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.3.2007030901).
Great, until you try to close a split tab... Rated 2 out of 5 stars
This is a fairly good program, and I like the feature. The problem comes when you are done with your split browser, and want to put it back to normal...
Guess what?? You can't!! for some windows, a little bar appears with the x you can click to close it, but sometimes it's not there...
The statusbar is good, but it clashes with my theme (iFox smooth) and gets slightly annoying. the main problem though is the close button
If there were an option to close the split in your right click menu, this would get an 8 instead of a 4.