To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
Make video players (flash & html5) show video thumbnail instead of autoplaying…
• Allow autoplay for websites (Exceptions > Allow)
• Allow session autoplay for websites (Exceptions > Allow for Session)
Stop only first autoplay for a continuous session in the website (useful for video sites like Dailymotion)
• Proactive blocking for websites (Proactive blocking > Block)
Alternative stopping method that prevent script activation by tweaking the source code of the pages
• Toolbarbutton to simplify allowing/blocking sites
Quick add-on enable/disable (Left-double-click)
• Media autoplay blocking integration
Works with media.autoplay.enabled = false (for stopping isolated media elements)
The play/pause context menu item will show for covered video elements
If site still autoplay try enabling proactive blocking for the embedded site (remove blocking if it doesn't work).
If video functionality breaks on site add it to allowed sites (to prevent handling).
Should work on:
• All html5 players*
• YouTube - flash & html5
• Msn | Bing
• Yahoo - flash & html5 (with proactive blocking)
• Aol | Huffington Post
• BBC News
• NBA.com - onsite player
• alot of embeded players and live streaming (some with proactive blocking)
* Isolated media elements will not stop (use media.autoplay.enabled = false)
YouTube - only the first video in the tab will not autoplay since new videos are loaded to the same player.
Vimeo - click on the thumbnail (not the button) to play the video.
This add-on is intended for stopping video autoplay, to achieve full flash blockability it can be complemented with an adblocker & a click-to-play flash blocker (preferably with a blacklist).
The add-on is highly dependent on websites autoplay implementation and is susceptible to changes made by the sites.
Exceptions logic -
• Allow - bypass handling for all requests associated with an allowed top-page.
• Block - process all requests from a blocked page unless the top-page is allowed.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 2.4.8b1