Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- replaced uses of nsIPrivateBrowsingService
- removed uses of nsIGlobalHistory2
- replaced uses of nsIFaviconService
However the utilities that replaces these classes don't have all the same functionality, and as a result, the extension can no longer add sitemap pages to the history, nor load favicons for sites which have not been visited or bookmarked before.
Other fixes in this version include:
- fixed a bug in the "spider this page" function that prevented the spider URL field from being updated when the dialog is already open
- fixed a couple of instances of "can't access dead object" errors
- fixed a couple of circumstances where the cleaning controls would remain visible when they should have been hidden
Version 4.1 confirms support for Firefox versions up to 25.0, and removes support for Firefox versions earlier than 18.0.
up to and including Firefox 15. It has a huge number of bugfixes, feature
overhauls and efficiency improvements, most significantly:
* Fixes for several related bugs that could cause the spider to hang while
checking a site -- this includes a fix for duplicate-loading on pages
containing iframes, a fix for the spider's handling of redirections, and a
* A ten-fold increase in scanning speed, that means the spider can now test
up to five pages per second, where the previous version would take up to two
seconds per page.
Additional improvements and new features include:
* Added the ability to pause and resume the spider at any time -- the spider's
"start" button will automatically change to "continue" if you enter the URL
of a sitemap you're part-way through, or you can use the "continue spider"
button that now appears at the bottom of the log.
* Added OS notifications for when a find or spider operation has finished
(using Growl for Mac OS X, or toaster notifications for Windows and Linux),
with corresponding preferences to enable or disable them for each operation.
* Extended the preference "don't spider nofollow links" so you can define which
REL attribute values are used for this condition, and control whether the
condition is to include or exclude those links.
* Improved status reporting in the spider dialog, using the separate
"connecting" and "loading" state icons introduced in Firefox 4.
* Added favicon images to the spider dialog's URL textbox.
* If a sitemap URL is redirected, the final URL is now listed as the sitemap
host and location, rather than the original typed URL.
* Simplified the icon contextmenu (in the add-on bar) so it now only includes
the most important items; the main Toolbar menu remains the same, but has
been moved to the Web Developer sub-menu.
* Added a "spider this page..." shortcut to the document context-menu, with a
corresponding preference to enable or disable it
Other minor fixes include:
* Fixed the spider's ability to add sitemap URLs and favicons to the browser
* Added the recommended workaround for bug 408668.
* Fixed a bug in the spider so it can load @import stylesheets from inside
IE-conditional stylesheets (where before only top-level CC stylesheets
could be loaded and checked).
* Removed the "skip page" button from the spider dialog, since the spider goes
so fast now it's impossible to use.
* Cleaner icons and other minor cosmetic tweaks in the dialogs and menus.
To all of you who've encouraged the continual development of this extension,
and particularly to Will Morrison -- a big thank you! Version 4 is already
in development ...
- new tabbed preferences dialog that’s neater and more user-friendly
- added a new spidering preference "don’t spider external sites", which resricts the spider to pages on the same domain as the sitemap
- bugfixes to make "find…" and "spider…" keyboard triggers more reliable cross-platform
- improved error handling throughout
- removed two unecessary preferences to streamline the spidering logic: "ignore www difference" and "ignore fragment identifiers" in URLs, both of which are now enabled all the time