Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- Updated Ukrainian translation.
- Small bug fixes.
- Fixed a bug that would cause single quotes and apostrophes to render inaccurately in Facebook conversations.
- User interface bug fixes and improvements.
- Updated Catalan and Slovak translations.
Load your Facebook Chat contacts within Cryptocat. Cryptocat will detect other Facebook friends using Cryptocat and will allow you to immediately set up encrypted chat.
You can still chat with regular Facebook contacts from within Cryptocat, but the conversations won't be encrypted. If a Facebook friend also logs in via Cryptocat, your chat will be immediately upgraded to an encrypted Cryptocat chat. Your encrypted chats cannot be viewed by Facebook or by Cryptocat since they are encrypted via the OTR protocol.
Both individuals must be using Cryptocat (or an OTR-enabled client) for this feature to work. A blog post will be published upon release clarifying this feature further.
Cryptocat 2.2 also brings:
* Typing notifications have been redesigned to be less intrusive, after complaints from users.
* Cryptocat's buddy list now maintains automatic alphabetic ordering.
* Fixed a bug that could render the authentication status inaccurately in rare circumstances.
* Updates to many of Cryptocat's translations.
* Tons of small fixes and improvements.
- Fixed two non-time-invariant MAC comparisons.
- Fixed a bug that could allow an attacker to stall a Cryptocat conversation.
- Fixed a bug that prevented audio notifications from playing in Firefox on Linux.
- Many small improvements and tweaks to the code and user interface.
- Many translations have been updated.
- Authenticating via secret questions (SMP) now authenticates both group conversations and private conversations.
- Keyboard shortcuts! Press `ctrl+2` to switch to the next buddy, and `ctrl+1` to move back to the previous buddy.
- Important user interface change: the active conversation no longer switches to the top of the buddy list. This is done so that keyboard shortcuts can work better.
- Fixed a bug that made conversation content "jump" when a user finished sending a message for which there was a "typing" icon.
- Many improvements to the user interface.
- Many small improvements and tweaks.
- Many translations have been updated.
- Added Ukrainian translation.
- Small fixes were made to the Spanish translation.
- The authentication interface has been updated to clarify that question-based authentication is for private OTR chats only.
- Fixed a bug that would allow clients with malformed nicknames to cause a crash in other Cryptocat clients in a conversation.
- Fixed a bug that would allow clients with malformed nicknames to secretly join a Cryptocat conversation and obtain ciphertext. These clients would not be part of the conversation however and would not be able to obtain plaintext.
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't allow non-latin characters in question-based authentication.
- Fixed a bug in Cryptocat for Firefox that would not add a Cryptocat button to the Firefox toolbar.
- Fixed a bug that would not allow the user to scroll up for a few seconds if they receive too many new messages in a short period of time.
- Many small improvements were made to the user interface.
- Many improvements and optimizations were made to the Cryptocat code.
- Updated Cryptocat dependencies to their latest versions.
- Fixed a bug introduced in Cryptocat 2.1.19 that prevented group conversations with exactly two participants from working properly.
- Addressed a security risk that could allow an attacker to divert the destination of outgoing chat messages.
- Added join/part notifications to one-on-one conversation windows.
- Fixed a bug where messages with URLs would only appear as URL and without accomapying message text.
- Small bug fixes and tweaks.
- New feature: SMP authentication. You can now authenticate a buddy's identity by asking them a secret question.
- New feature: Message previews! Private messages for conversations not in focus are now previewed via small speech bubbles that appear next to the buddy list.
- New feature: Cryptocat for Chrome, Firefox and Safari now displays new message notifications inside the favicon, in the browser tab.
- Fixed an issue where users may be able to send group chat messages to certain participants, but not to others.
- Fixed a bug where Cryptocat would not allow the file transfer of certain types of ZIP files.
- Fixed an issue where Cryptocat would display private messages if they were received without encryption. Now, all unencrypted messages are dropped.
- Cryptocat's user interface has been improved in numerous areas.
- Add warnings for decryption failures and for situations where Cryptocat thinks a user in the conversation is sending cryptographically suspicious messages.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent buddy submenus from working if more than one was open at the same time.
- Some work was done to resolve some potential openings for cryptographic timing attacks.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent disconnection and logout messages from displaying properly to the user disconnecting or logging out.
- Fixed a bug in Cryptocat for Firefox that would cause Cryptocat to freeze for around one second when switching tabs.
- User join and part notifications and messages now include timestamps.
- Fixed a bug in Cryptocat for Mac that would add an unnecessary scroll bar to the application window.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent more than two cat facts from being displayed in one session.
- Cryptocat for Mac now bounces the dock when new messages are received.
- Many translation mistakes and typos have been fixed.
- Many other small improvements and bug fixes.
Fixed a pseudo-random number generator bug that causes some bias and wastes entropy. Updating is recommended.
Fixed a user interface bug that would make nicknames hard to read under certain circumstances.
Fixed a user interface bug that would sometimes show jagged-looking login text.
- File transfer now works fully in Cryptocat for Safari and Mac, as well as Chrome and Firefox.
- Cryptocat for Mac has been rewritten from scratch.
- Cryptocat for Mac now supports creating multiple windows for multiple conversations.
- Some internal optimizations and updates.
- Bug fixes.
- Updated Russian and Farsi translations.
- User Interface redesign: Cryptocat's user interface has been redesigned to be brighter, friendlier, and faster. Existing users will find the new design familiar enough use, while new users will benefit from a friendlier user experience.
- Encrypted file sharing: Send files via Cryptocat. ZIP files as well as images can now be shared with people inside a chatroom.
- Security enhancements and bug fixes. Updating is recommended.
- New feature: Block users! Prevents annoying users from sending you messages/from seeing your messages.
- New feature: Typing notification. See when a user is composing a message (both users need to be using Cryptocat 2.1.3 or higher.)
- Major code cleanup and optimizations, including many bug fixes.
- Added 41 new interesting cat facts.
- Updated jQuery to 2.0.2.
- Updated OTR libraries to version 0.1.5.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent conversations from scrolling down when tabs are switched.
- Fixed a bug that prevented nickname tab completion from working.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent some ZIP files from being transferred.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent audio and desktop notification settings from being saved.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent a user from logging back in after logging out.
- Fixed a bug that would show a vertical scroll bar on logout for no reason.
- Additional small bug fixes.
- Uighur translation has returned.
- Fixed a bug found in the encryption libraries that could partially weaken the security of multiparty Cryptocat messages.
- Updated OTR libraries to version 0.1.3.
- Notification settings are now saved from session to session.
- Improved Italian translation.
- Improved Japanese translation.
- Some small tweaks and adjustments.
preferences automatically. This feature does not work yet on Firefox.
- Cryptocat will now automatically log out on connection failure.
- Improved message input interface.
- Many small user interface tweaks and improvements.
- Removed unused libraries, replaced some libraries.
- Updated jQuery to version 1.9.1.
- Minor bug fix in elliptic curve cryptography library.
- Russian translation improvements.
- Czech translation improvements.
- Minor German translation corrections.
- Small usability improvements.
- Desktop notifications are now available in Safari.
- Korean translation fixes.
- Tibetan text is now more readable.
- Added a cat fact.
- Some aesthetic bug fixes.
- Version number is now displayed on login screen.
- Fix French translation typos.
- Update jQuery to 1.8.3.
- Replaced call to nsILocalFile with nsIFile (Firefox-specific)
- Updated OTR.js library to version 0.0.11.
name was invalid