Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* Remove Google Analytics tracking tokens (?utm_*) from URLs by default.
* Fallback to Facebook OpenGraph URL if no canonical URL is present.
* Shorten allegedly "short" URLs if they are longer than 30 characters (configurable).
* Right click on link -> Copy ShortURL for this link
* Toolbar button added (can be enabled in preferences).
Also, this version is built with "jpm" and has a new icon.
- asynchronous requests, which should be friendly towards performance
- localization! Initial set of languages: en-US, de, es-ES, fr, rm, uk, zh-CN. Contribution of additional languages appreciated: The code is on github.
- New hotkey: Press CMD/Ctrl+Shift+L to make a short URL without using your mouse. Thanks to canuckistani for the contribution!
The add-on is also repackaged with Add-on SDK 1.15, which allows it to work again with the latest Firefox versions.
Supported shortening services out of the box: is.gd, tinyurl.com, goo.gl.
Custom shortening services are still supported: Just enter your custom URL in that preferences window.
- Growl notifications when copying a URL. You'll see if a short URL was found or created, and what URL it is. If you don't have Growl (or if your platform does not support it), a 10-second information bar is shown instead.
- Switch to is.gd as default service, because it's shorter than tinyurl.
- User-definable short-URL service URL. (Use tinyURL, bit.ly or your own shortening service!) For more information, take a look at the README file.