Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
A number of major websites expose their own short URLs for any entry on their webpages, among these: youtube (“youtu.be/…”), flickr (“flic.kr/…”), Wordpress.com, Arstechnica, Techcrunch, and many more.
If, however, the site does not name its own short URL, the add-on automatically falls back to making a short URL using is.gd (or a user-defined shortening service).
Either way, after a fraction of a second, you end up with a short URL in your clipboard, ready to be used in tweets, emails, forum posts, or wherever else you please.
Feedback is greatly appreciated!
Created with Mozilla's Jetpack SDK.
This add-on is licensed under an Apache license. The source code is available on github. Contributions welcome!
Note: I am not in any way affiliated with is.gd and have chosen their service for the fallback functionality purely arbitrarily because they expose a convenient REST API for me to use.
* Remove Google Analytics tracking tokens (?utm_*) from URLs by default.
* Fallback to Facebook OpenGraph URL if no canonical URL is present.
* Shorten allegedly "short" URLs if they are longer than 30 characters (configurable).
* Right click on link -> Copy ShortURL for this link
* Toolbar button added (can be enabled in preferences).
Also, this version is built with "jpm" and has a new icon.
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following:
To create your own collections, you must have a Mozilla Add-ons account.