To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Copper (Cu) 1.0.0 Requires Restart
The Copper (Cu) CoAP user-agent for Firefox installs a handler for the 'coap' URI scheme and allows users to browse and interact with Internet of Things devices.
This add-on has been marked as experimental by its developers
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following:
About this Add-on
- URI handling for the 'coap' scheme (address bar and links)
- Interaction through GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE
- Resource discovery
- Blockwise transfers
- Observing Resources
- Simply enter a CoAP URI into the address bar or follow a CoAP link (e.g., coap://vs0.inf.ethz.ch/)
- After opening the location of a CoAP server the auto discovery (or a click on 'Discover') will retrieve the available resources from
- At a resource location (e.g., coap://[aaaa::0212:7402:0002:0202]:5683/light)
use the buttons GET, POST, PUT, DELETE to perform an action. The response will be displayed in the browser.
- For more detailed debug output, start Firefox with the switch
-console(Windows) or in a terminal (Linux) and add the boolean
browser.dom.window.dump.enabled=trueto about:config (now directly accessible through preferences).
- Our test server can be found at coap://vs0.inf.ethz.ch/
- Other servers can be found in the CoRE working group Wiki. Most of the time, however, they appear to be offline.
- Copper also works with the Contiki REST example (coap-03) and the Erbium REST Engine (coap-07) available here.
If you are running Cooja correctly, the following URIs should work:
Removed draft implementations (RFC 7252 + extensions only).
Storing window settings.
Many bug fixes.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 0.3.0pre3: