To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- Default formats can now be restored via the options dialog
- Reorganized the options dialog
- Displaying the CoLT context sub-menus is now slightly more efficient (they are no longer built on the fly)
- Error handler routines have been updated to use the reportError() call
- Bug Fix: Removed an erroneous instance in the options dialog where DOM elements were being created and never used
- Bug Fix: Selected item artifacts should no longer be left around when moving custom formats in the list
- Removed a few deprecated parameters from various internal functions
- Bug Fix: CoLT's menu items were not working properly when only one format was present in the custom formats list
- Bug Fix: Improved the way migrating from ancient versions of CoLT works (prefs weren't being fully migrated)
- Removed the following translations, all of which were mostly incomplete: cs-CZ, ko-KR, tr, zh-TW
- Bug Fix: Removed an invalid reference to the document object in CoLT's common module, which prevented new installs from being set up properly
Version 2.6.2 included the following changes:
- Custom formats are now stored in a JSON file in the user's Firefox profile, instead of as Firefox preferences
- Rewrote the export and import routines to support the new JSON file format
- Improved the way internal logging is handled
- Modified the way new-line characters are determined
- Bumped the minVersion to 24.0
- Bug Fix: Redesigned the way data is passed between the browser and CoLT's options dialog, fixing several errors that would appear in the browser console
- Bug Fix: Fixed a few places where DOM elements were erroneously being created and never used
- Changed the minimum supported Firefox version to 17.0, since the 10.x line is no longer supported
- Various locale updates
- Added support for conditional expressions using the
- Added support for importing and exporting custom formats (useful for moving them between systems)
- Improved the way custom format events are handled
- Removed the embedded JAR file from within the extension's XPI file
- Made a few minor improvements to the installer manifest
- Changed the minimum supported Firefox version to 10.0
- Bug Fix: Newly added separators now properly extend across the custom format dialog
- Added a Catalan (ca) localization
- Updated the Arabic (ar) localization
- Bug Fix: Once again altered the "insertafter" attribute of the "Copy Page Title and Location" menu. It should no longer appear above the "Copy" menu item when text is selected.
- Bug Fix: Corrected the changes to the nsITransferable interface made in the previous version (the initial recommendation from Mozilla was incorrect)
- Improved the way percent signs can be escaped. You can now specify either "%%" or "\%" to get a literal percent character.
- Added logic to clear all custom formats if the extensions.colt.prefs_version setting gets cleared in about:config. Clearing this value is a handy way to reset to the default custom formats.
Changes in 2.5.6:
- Added the capability to specify access-key accelerators for custom format context menu items. Existing custom formats will have no key assigned; you must manually set them if upgrading from a previous version.
- Added the capability to insert a percent sign into a given custom format (simply escape the percent sign with a backslash character).
- Replaced the default FuseTalk custom format with the somewhat more prevalent Markdown format.
- Bug Fix: Rewrote the routine that handles doing the substitution for custom formats. This will prevent the mistaken translation of encoded characters within substituted text (URLs, for example).
- Added Unicode support (custom formats can now include extended characters)
- Added a new custom format variable for inserting tab characters (%B)
- Options are now stored under the more appropriate "extensions." branch
- Removed a few extraneous menu updates during initialization
- Removed the obsolete contents.rdf files from each localization folder, reducing overall file size
- Changed the minVersion from 1.5 to 3.6
- Bug Fix: Several registered event listeners were not being removed on shutdown
- Added support for Firefox 5 and 6
- Minor locale updates
- Added capability to capture selected text when copying the page's title and location
- Added the local time stamp to the available fields for custom formats
- A rich-text custom format is now one of the default formats for new installs of CoLT
- Added a new Swedish (sv-SE) localization
- Cleaned up some now redundant preferences used by CoLT
- CoLT licensing has been updated and relaxed.
- Bug Fix: Corrected a problem that caused CoLT to stop working in Firefox 4.0 builds
- Bug Fix: Copying as rich text now works properly if the rich text option is the only custom format in the custom format list (i.e. it appears as a top-level menu item)
- Bug Fix: Removing an item from the custom format list no longer causes the selected index to be cleared
- Bug Fix: Moving items around in the custom format list when the list contains many items no longer causes the selection to disappear
* Bumped the maxVersion to 3.5.* to support Firefox 3.5 builds
* Updated the Arabic (ar) localization
* CoLT now supports an unlimited number of custom formats for the 'Copy Link Text and Location' action.
* When only one format is available for the 'Copy Link Text and Location' action, it appears as a menu item, rather than an item in a sub-menu.
* Custom menu separators can now be added to the 'Copy Link Text and Location' sub-menu.
* Added a new Czech (cs-CZ) translation.
* Added a new Korean (ko-KR) translation.
* Added a new Lithuanian (lt-LT) translation.
* Added a new Chinese Simplified (zh-CN) translation.