Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
ChromaTabs Plus 2.3 Requires Restart
by Gary Calpo
ChromaTabs Plus makes tabs more readily identifiable by tinting each tab a different color depending on the website loaded.
See the "Beta Channel" below for a beta version that is compatible with the new Firefox 4.0 betas.
About this Add-on
The bar beneath the tabs will also take on the color of the active tab. The close button also changes, allowing more of the tab color to show through.
ChromaTabs Plus is a continuation of ChromaTabs 2.0 by Justin Dolske.
KNOWN BUGS IN v2.1-2.2:
* Incompatibility with some themes including the default theme in OS X.
* When no favicon is present, the tab is not colored. I strongly recommend installing the HashColouredTabs+ extension which creates favicons for sites that do not have their own. HashColouredTabs+ also gives you the option of choosing a favicon color, thus controlling the tab color.
- Added tolerance when calculating "most frequent" color. For example, the Google icon should now be green instead of grey.
- Separate opacity/saturation/luminosity values for selected tab, unselected tab, active tab (on mouseover)
- Added option to do nothing if a site icon is missing. The alternative would be to pick a color unique to the site's domain name.
- When coloring based on domain name, offer the option for different subdomains to share the same tab color.
- FIXED: "color is null" error message
- FIXED: No longer need to restart browser (and clear session) or hover over all tabs for new appearance settings to take effect.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 3.0.0b1: