Sorry; FF4 Fix not working in the long run Rated 5 out of 5 stars
@John El The FF4 fix seemed to work well last night when I tried it, but then today, I started having the same problem you did. I tried another fix, having to do with the Firefox profile, but it didn't work either, so I won't even go there.
Unless someone else figures out a fix, I guess the days of AnyColor are gone. This was such a great app; I wish Pavlost hadn't discontinued it. Anyone know of any other app that's similar?
FF$ Fix Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I just did this, and now AnyColor is working for me.
Fix for FIREFOX 4:
1) download the .xpi file ( Rightclick on add to firefox and choose Save as..)
2)go to the .xpi file and open it with a zip-like program (I used winrar)
3) edit the install.rdf (in notepad) replace 3.1b2 with 4.1 (in maximum version of ff
)4) Save the document. Rezip the files and change extension from .zip to .xpi
5) Go to the new firefox button; and choose addons
6) in the right corner you will see a settings icon, click that and choose install addon by file
7) Browse to your file and let firefox install the addon
8) Restart and enjoy this fantastic addon in FF4
It looks as if pavlost won't be updating this addon anymore. In the release Notes he says that AnyColor has been discontinued, so you will have to keep doing this kind of fix for as long as it works.
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
This is the best addon ever. I do wish I could still use my Colorful Tabs with it. Other than that, no complaints whatsoever and it works great!!This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.2.0).