To open a publicly accessible file, right click on a hyperlink and then click "Open Link in Google Docs Viewer".
Supported File Formats of Google Docs Viewer
* Adobe PDF (.PDF)
* Microsoft Word (.DOC and .DOCX)
* Microsoft Excel (.XLS and .XLSX)
* Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT, .PPTX)
* Apple Pages (.PAGES)
* Adobe Illustrator (.AI)
* Adobe Photoshop (.PSD)
* Autodesk AutoCad (.DXF)
* Scalable Vector Graphics (.SVG)
* PostScript (.EPS, .PS)
* TrueType (.TTF)
* XML Paper Specification (.XPS)
* Tagged Image File Format (.TIF, .TIFF)
* Archive file types (.ZIP and .RAR)
* Text and Markup/COde (.TXT, .CSS, .HTML, .PHP, .C, .CPP, .H, .HPP, .JS)
Unlike similar plugins,
- The add-on is written with extensive care to minimize footprints.
- The add-on works on bookmarked hyperlinks. (in response to kfdickey's and ffffffffffffffffff's comments)
- We preserve the integrity of web documents by not rewriting URLs. The risk of messing up your important websites is eliminated.
- The add-on works with all URLs returned by Google search results. We also accept URLs that don't appear to be among the supported file types (ex., http://example.com/?getpdf=12345). What you need to do is to simply confirm an additional dialog indicating that you want to view it intentionally.
- We are pro-security in the sense that the intended protocol of a viewing file is always honored. For instance, you'll connect to the Google Docs Viewer over HTTPS if a file is found at https://example.com/file.pdf . So, eavesdropper doesn't know what file you're viewing as with your default file viewer.