Why was Save Text To File created?
To improve ease-of-use for the command line "gpg" tool.
I exchange encrypted gpg messages, so instead of having to copy/paste the messages into a new file to pass to the tool, this add-on takes half the effort out of the task.
Saving useful notes from websites can be a pain if you need to manually create a file first. I wanted to be able to save text to a file without ever having to minimize or close Firefox.
What's next for Save Text To File
Heres the list of currently tracked defects and enhancement requests (feel free to add to it):
- Add confirmation dialog before saving selected text to confirm preferences e.g filename, directory .. Implemented in v2.1
- Migrate to addon sdk dev (no browser restart needed on installation) .. Implemented in v2.0
- Provide options for data to either be truncated or appended to files (user preference) .. Implemented in v1.0.9
- Provide localization for different languages .. Implemented in v1.0.8
- Let user specify save directory and/or filename after selecting text to be saved (user preference) .. Implemented in v1.0.7
About the Developer
|User since||February 7, 2012|
|Number of add-ons developed||9 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Rated 4 out of 5 stars|
Who is Robert Byrne?