Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- Add a new feature: "Update Missing Favicons." Use this
menuitem to grab all favicons for sites in the local bookmark set.
A subsequent sync will upload them to the server.
- Resolve issues with saving icons when using async favicons API.
- Fix sync errors related to removal of newChannelFromURI() API in Firefox 48+.
- Fix "method is undefined" error when using own sync server.
- Fix empty login window dialog shown in some cases.
- Fix empty 'View remote tabs' window
- Fix errors when saving bookmarks to own server
- Allow specification of type of sync: bi-directional (normal), only upload from this browser, or only download-to-this-browser
- Remove old features for Firefox < 3.5 (internal JSON parsing, RDF bookmarks)
- Fix loss of bookmark due to sync conflict when the descendant of a folder is moved, and that folder is then deleted on a different browser without an intervening sync
- Fix "Node not found" error when same bookmark is deleted from two different browsers at the same time
- Fix "Node not found" error when the child of a deleted folder is updated in some way
- Fix an error with download that would cause Xmarks to leave some of the old bookmarks around in some cases.
- Fix saving of status bar icon/stars if navbar icon is not
- Use a navbar icon for controlling Xmarks, as the status bar
and menus are no longer visible by default in FF29+
- Fix some cases where bookmark deletion would not take
effect immediately, causing a sync error
- Don't hang in sync if unable to retrieve history information
for a URL
- Save the URL property in addition to the Feed URL when
- Fix problems loading profile names in unencrypted mode
- Use "Encrypt All" as default encryption level
- Fix title string for Xmarks Settings toolbar icon
- Fix "'Illegal value' when calling method: [nsILivemarkService::createLivemark]" when creating feeds on Firefox 21 and older.
- Replace base64 encoding routines
- Fix major performance issues with usage of async livemarks/
favicon APIs in Firefox 22+
- Improve batching of deletes from id mapping table when
large numbers of bookmarks are removed
- Fix Similar Site feature in international browsers
- Reduce amount of logging in conflict resolution
- Improve database performance for Firefox 14+ installs
- Fix problem that caused extraneous updates for folders
- Correct a problem that caused delete to not function in some cases
- Handle exceptions caused by missing bookmark keywords
- Disable clobber dialog by default
- Add new property "extensions.xmarks.clobberNoShow", which, when
set to true, will disable the warning dialog for large disparities
between server and local bookmarks.
- Change default for history/tab sync to only sync when automatic
synchronization is enabled rather than every five minutes.
The old behavior can be enabled by setting property
'extensions.xmarks.tabSyncOnIdle' to true.
- Fix password sync for a specific case of corrupt JSON
- Remove embedded quotes from urls when they causes sync errors
- Don't display conflict dialog for folders if conflicts are in
- Fix errors when fixing up invalid URLs and loading favicons
- Update BYOS link
- Make delete override move in delete/move conflicts
- Improve error reporting
- Add Seamonkey support
- SeaMonkey initial support added
- Better naming for computer for open tabs.
- Improved JSON parsing for Firefox 7+
- Removed incorrectly added 'toJSONString' and 'clone' items on Open Tabs list
- Corrected errors with repair when password sync is enabled
- Fixed problem disabling password sync if a user has never supplied a PIN
- Add Repair feature to fix many common errors in local databases. The feature can be accessed on the Advanced tab of the XMarks settings dialog. Unlike Manual Download, Repair retains any locally-added bookmarks.
- Updates for Firefox 6, 7, 8
- Fix download dialog on error
- Correct type mismatches for feeds and separators
- Fix display of suggested tags
- Fix a Firefox 4 potential error with submit buttons
- Improve sync error reporting
- Better errors displayed for users, to offer a better chance of resolving their issue
- Resolve a few issues and improve performance for people with more than 10,000 bookmarks
- Resolve a number of cases where Firefox could create duplicate bookmarks
- Improved issues around Sync Profiles where the profile isn't fully downloaded
- Password Sync removed from setup wizard, LastPass is now recommended instead
- Improved error reporting. We anticipate a number of updates over the next 3 months as we refocus on quality and stability
- Improved dialog when bookmarks are radically smaller, offering to download from the server.
- Setup wizard now asks if you'd like to setup smarter search
- ~10% smaller, and a bit faster.
* Adds support for History Sync
* Several performance and stability improvements
* Enable password restore (via My Xmarks)
* Logout/Suspend Automatic Sync
* Improved Sync on Shutdown behavior
* A handful of bug fixes
- Adds new tab sync feature for managing open tabs across your computers.
- Dramatic performance improvements for synchronization.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvments to sync.
* See ratings for the site you're viewing in the status bar (use context menu to disable)
* Rate & review the site you're viewing in the status bar (use context menu to disable)
* Share your reviews on Facebook
* Added support for Arabic
* Fixes a bug that could cause bookmarks to be merged into the wrong folders.
* Improved logging
* The ability to rate and review websites in the Add Bookmark dialog
* Improved syncing of tag folders
* Better error handling, especially for corrupt Firefox profiles
* Support for Firefox's Private Browsing mode
* A variety of bug fixes in core synchronization code
* A new restore feature for updating your bookmarks to a previous backup version.
* A Fix for duplicate bookmarks occurring during merge
* A Fit to allow login via email address
* Better general compatibility with other firefox add-ons
* Fixed Rare error where users could not log into websites.
* Better performance for users who have a lot of bookmark tags