Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- Stopped referring to console debugging messages as a "log", to avoid possible confusion.
- Page titles don't always show up when they're supposed to. This is especially apparent when you open a new tab with a starting page of about:blank, as even when a real page is loaded, the title continues to show "about:blank". It goes away when the page is reloaded, another page is loaded, or session history is manipulated (back, forward, etc.). This issue actually existed even before this version, but wasn't nearly as noticeable.
- The context menu doesn't open with the expected alignment when activated by the Menu key. I probably won't do anything about this, as it's merely a slight cosmetic issue.
Also note that if you navigate branches at some level and then go higher up (further back in history) and navigate branches away and then back, you might notice the lower navigation is reverted. This is not a bug; it is a limitation in the interface: only one path is tracked at any given time, so information about what you were looking at under other branches is lost.
- Fixed error for DOMContentLoaded handler from OnHistoryReload (using wrong entry index).
- fr: Matthieu Martin "matthieum" (BabelZilla)
- Fixed undeclared variable popupPath in fillTreeSubmenu
- Simplified menu markup and tightened layout, by doing away with the grid and putting items with submenus in hboxes, as well as styling away undesired spaces and padding.
- Made "Clear session history tree" tooltip work with the menu item.
- pt-BR: Gutierrez PS "gutierrez" (BabelZilla)
- tr-TR: nikneyim (BabelZilla)
- Fixed bug in SHistoryHandler.initTree() where I read the tree out of the session store but forgot to parse it, resulting in multiple stringification upon state restore (known to happen when switching Private Browsing; does it also happen in other cases?).
- Dropped support for Fx 3.6. That version handles initializing and restoring tabs differently, and as a result it is very difficult to support both it and later versions. Plus, 3.6 has a problem with creating a new entry in the session store if there is already an entry after the current one: the entry created has the old one's data until page load is completed; if page load is stopped, the entry is never corrected unless the page is reloaded. In other words, it's just not going to work out.
- Fixed bug where tree would be scrambled after a session restore. The tree can still get into an inconsistent state if an invalid URL is loaded into a new tab (as happens surprisingly in 4.0's "Start Private Browsing", at least from what I'm seeing), but that's another problem.
- Added web progress listener functionality to detect if page load has been stopped by the user and to avoid registering event listener(s) which will never execute (e.g. for "load" event).
- Added preference to enable/disable logging (default off).
- Added button to "always" clear tree data (i.e. stop prompting).
- Clarified locale strings associated with the clear function: is only for current tab.
- hu-HU: MIKES KASZMÁN István "Cashman" (BabelZilla)
- sr: DakSrbija (BabelZilla)
- sv-SE: Mikael Hiort af Ornäs "Lakrits" (BabelZilla)
- zh-CN: yfdyh000 (BabelZilla)
- Added logic to leave out formdata for "about:" pages, to avoid unnecessary recursive inclusion of session data.
- Under Fx 3.6, there is an issue with getting correct entry data. Reading it in OnHistoryNewEntry() is too early as the page hasn't loaded yet. Reading it on DOMContentLoaded works, unless there is already a next page in the history, in which case I get the old entry's data instead of the new. So I'm also updating it on the load event. However, if loading is stopped, that update doesn't happen, resulting in an incorrect entry in the tree. Experimentation shows the data remains permanently stale until the page is revisited, so it seems there is nothing I can do. Fortunately, this doesn't happen under 4.0.
- The current structure of the menus may be confusing. The first submenus show siblings of the page shown in the parent menu item, while further submenus show child nodes. It's an attempt to transition from the "horizontal" structure of the back/forward list into the hierarchical structure of the tree; it also helps when the tree root gets cut off (turning the tree into a forest), which happens once the history grows long enough. Feel free to tell me your thoughts on this.