Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- Allow to unfocus from all search engines by keyboard operation.
- Keyboard shortcut is now customizable on Firefox 60 and later.
- Synchronize configurations via Firefox Sync.
- Reformat keys of localized messages matching to the spec.
- Clear focus on search engine by starting input.
- Clear last search term with delay.
- Search results for actions with accel key (Ctrl or ⌘) is now configurable where to be opened in.
- When the search field is filled by selected text in the current tab, the "Search" button is automatically shown like for pasted text.
- Selection text in any input field is now detected correctly.
- Add an option to deactivate "auto fill with selection text" behavior.
- Expand search field to fill the width of the popup. (regression)
- Use white icon for the toolbar button on the "Dark" theme.
about:privatebrowsingtab as a blank tab on a private browsing window.
- Add margin around UI to match Photon design.
- Search with Google by default correctly.
- "Search" button is available after copy and paste.
- Add ability to keep popup open after search. Moreover, if you do search with Ctrl or Command key, the popup is always kept open.
- Use background and foreground color same to Photon. This is required to avoid ghost rendering with missing background color on some environment. (I confirmed on Windows 10.)
- Works correctly for search engines with some missing information (ex. favicon).
- Works correctly on clean environment.
- Don't detect newly opened tabs as search result tabs, after a search with virtual search engines (form keyworded bookmarks).
- Better compatibility with recent Tree Style Tab.
- Don't detect newly opened tabs as search result tabs correctly, when any unknown exception raised while doing search.
- Drop support for Firefox 37 and older versions.
- Works correctly even if there is only the location bar with activated "UnifiedComplete" feautre on Firefox 43 and later.
- The default search engine with POST method works correctly.
- Save chosen engine to the list of recently used engines for one-off search.
- Made synchronous API free around the Places SQLite database.
- The cache of bookmarks with smart keywords are now saved into a JSON file instead of a preference.
- Detect smart keywords of bookmarks correctly on Firefox 39 and later.
- Move focus to Second Search's popup menu by the up arrow key correctly, on Linux. (regression)
- Better compatibility with new Web search UI on Firefox 35 (and later).
- Search by the default engine works correctly. (On Firefox 33, unexpected engine was used, and Firefox 34 couldn't do search.)
- Works on Nightly 37.0a1.
- Drop support for Firefox 30 and older versions
- Works correctly on the multi-process mode (E10S).
- Works correctly on Firefox 34 and later (after bug 1088660: the "one for search" feature.)
- Better compatibility with the Private Tab addon.
- Works correctly after overflow/underflow the toolbar, on Australis.
- Works on both location bar and search bar if one of them is in the menu panel, on Australis.
- Works on Nightly 32.0a1.
- Modified: "jar" archive is no longer included.
* Fixed: Clear the search term after search correctly, when it is searched by an engine in the popup.
* Modified: Clear the search term after search by default. (You can disable this feature by the configuration dialog.)
- Update for Firefox 13.0a1.
- Drop support for Firefox older than 10.
- Drop support for Thunderbird.
- Fixed: Show the caret in the search bar during the list of search engines is shown.
- Fixed: Scroll the list of search engines automatically during dragging on scroll buttons in the popup.
- Improved: Make compatible with Tab Utilities.
- Improved: Make compatible with Searchbar Autosizer.
- Improved: Make compatible with Tab Control.
- Improved: Make compatible with SearchLoad Options.
- Add Swedish locale (translated by Mikael Hiort af Ornäs)
- Fixed: "Reuse blank tab" option didn't work for search results from the default engine.
- Fixed: The context menu on the content area was unexpectedly blocked.
- Fixed: Alt key didn't invert the behavior for the focus of opened tab (foreground/background), about search results from specified engine.
- Modified: The default behavior of opened tabs is now initialized based on the preference "browser.tabs.loadInBackground" (for tabs opened by "target" attribute), instead of "browser.tabs.loadInBackground" (for tabs opened by middle click). If you want to change the current behavior directly, go to "about:config" and change the value of the preference "secondsearch.loadInBackground".
- Works on Minefield 4.0b8pre.
- Drop support for Firefox 3.0 and older versions.
* Fixed: Search results are correctly loaded into new tab even if Tab Mix Plus is installed.
* Some internal operations are brushed up.
* Modified: "by ..." disappeared from the popup.
* Updated: hu-HU locale is updated by Mikes Kaszmán István.
* Improved: Escape key always closes the Second Search popup.
* Fixed: Popup menu is re-positioned silently.
* Fixed: Dropping text onto the menu item which is same to the current engine works correctly.
* Fixed: Popup is correctly shown while dragging on the engine button even if drag-and-drop operation is allowed in the search box.
* Updated: Works on Minefield 3.1b2pre.
* Updated: Hungarian locale is updated. (by Mikes Kaszman Istvan)
* Fixed: "Allow drag-and-drop of text in the textbox" works correctly.
* Improved: Second Search shows its popup while dragging, for Firefox 3 on Mac OS X.
* Fixed: The cursor doesn't disappear on Firefox 3.
* Fixed: Items for smart keywords are correctly updated.
* Fixed: Conflict with some third-pirty's themes disappeared.
* Firefox 1.5 support dropped.