Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- Display unread count on button.
- Fix for XUL notification in Firefox 44+ (notification is visible again, and clicking on it dismisses the notification).
- Add button to show a dummy notification for testing.
- Drop support for Firefox 37-.
- Use JPM instead of CFX.
- Open new window if the notification is around while all tabs are closed.
- Use ToolbarButton API if available.
- Optional oAuth token is now securely saved in an encrypted storage area
- Desktop notification will now only disappear when clicked (#2).
- Change settings storage method (fixes #4)
- As soon as your connection is regained, the add-on will recover and use the Stack Exchange API v2 to read the actual count.
- Configuration: After granting the access token, the "Stack Exchange UserID" field will automatically be filled.
When the network connection has been lost for a long while, the socket connection refreshes automatically when the network is activated again. It can take up to ten minutes before a socket connection is restored. If you want to refresh the connection immediately, open the options widget and click on Start.
2. Don't show notification if you're reading the notifications ("0 unread messages in your inbox" is useless).