IdentFavIcon Version History
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- incremented version compatibility
- fixed 9.* API change (baseURIObject deprecated)
Added Portugese locale + fixed version numbering to support update checks (0.3.4c < 0.3.4, not good)
Added Japanese and French locales.
Added Swedish translation (thanks to Mikael Hiort af Ornäs <email@example.com> for contributing.)
Updated add-on to be compatible with FF4 betas.
* Hotfix release
* Fixed broken behavior for background loading of multiple tabs
* More swastikas avoided
* fixed behavior for sites with favicons which are not 16x16 pixels
* added button to clear generated favicons (go to Tools/Add-ons/Identfavicon Preferences, Clear Generated Icons button)
* Now can set site preferences: enforce/forbid identfavicon generation for certain sites (to override automatic behavior)
* Added preferences panel to hide context menu item and add site preferences
* Thrown away code that was responsible for inifitely looping web requests on some sites
* Completely replaced valid favicon recognition code
* Firefox 3.6a1pre compatibility
* "Reload Page Favicon" context menu item to enforce favicon reload (after network outage, for example)
* Added licence information to source file
* Firefox 3.6 beta compatibility
* Fixed favicon update when navigating back and forth in page history
* Fixed favicon generation for a couple of sites
* bumped max version to 3.1b3 to support 3.1 beta users
* replaced white background with transparency: better looking identicons
Same as version 0.1.7, only version number is different.
Fixed behavior for sites which return a 200 OK text/html page when favicon.ico is requested.
Fixed behavior when the same page is opened in multiple tabs; do not generate favicon for image/* pages (let Firefox display the downscaled version of the image by default).
Fixed handling of sites where default "/favicon.ico" URL is a redirect - check if the redirect location exists before generating an identfavicon.
Fixed behavior for sites with explicit but invalid favicon links in their header, such as labs.mozilla.com by adding explicit validity check for such links.