Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Dr.Web LinkChecker 3.9.11 No Restart
This plugin allows you to check any file you are about to download, any page you are about to visit with online version of Dr.Web anti-virus.
About this Add-on
If, for some reason, you have not yet entrusted Dr.Web products to defend your computers, use Dr.Web Link Checker, and surf the World Wide Web without fear of virus attacks, phishing attempts, and annoying ads!
Dr.Web Link Checker’s automatic features
• Protects against phishing attempts and virus infections in social networks (VKontakte, Facebook, and Google+). External links in social networks are scanned automatically, and then a warning is displayed about the danger of following links from social networks to other sites.
• Blocks attempts to monitor user Internet activity, including on social networks. Blocks all the most common ad network resources and web behaviour analytics that allow user search requests and visited sites to be analysed and the resulting collected data to be used to display specific ads to users.
• Blocks ads (social network advertising plugins embedded in pages of third-party sites, ad networks, flash banners and videos, and separate ad units on a page). User-created site exceptions lists indicate which sites can display ads.
for phishing attempts, malware, unwanted or non-recommended sites
• Scans links before visiting a site
• Scans files (up to 12 MB in size) before downloading them from the Internet
• Checks links in e-mail messages processed by Mozilla Thunderbird
• Detects and checks malformed links
• Sends requests to add specific advertising sites into the Dr.Web database
New context menu item "Scan with Dr.Web" will appear on all hyperlinks.
HTTP redirects supported
Furthermore, it expands the database of blocked URLs and the availability of database updates is now checked automatically.
The content blocker has been upgraded. Flash can now be blocked in child frames.
Link verification has become faster.
Dr.Web Link Checker UI elements on vk.com pages are now displayed properly.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 2.5.6a: