To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Custom Buttons² 3.1.0 Requires Restart
by SCClockDr, nicholasalipaz, jw25, rawny
The Custom Buttons² Firefox extension provides the code base support necessary to create, maintain, import, and export custom toolbar buttons. The buttons can perform just about any task, with a large number of buttons already available on the extension's forum.
About this Add-on
Flock & Thunderbird supported starting with Version 188.8.131.52
Custom Buttons² now runs in Firefox thru version 3.2a1pre and Thunderbird thru version 3.0b2pre, the latest Flock, and Sunbird version 1.0pre
To install an existing button from the Custom Buttons² Forum for instance, you need to merely:
1. Click on the link for the button
2. Follow the instructions that appear via the alert prompts.
3. You can also drag & drop the button link onto the import button.
To create a new button:
In the main-menu, View select the “Add New Button” item.
1. Fill in the Name field with an appropriate button name. If the image field is left empty, the button image will default to the Custom Button star.
2. The Code section only executes when the button is clicked.
3. The Initialization code section executes when the button is saved/applied and each time Firefox starts. Either section may be left empty.
4. Now, in the main-menu, View >> Toolbars >> Customize... Find the new button and drag & drop it where you want it on a toolbar.
Locales: en-US, de-DE, fr-FR, it-IT, nl-NL, pl-PL, pt-BR, sk-SK, sv-SE, zh-CN
General Forum Discussions:
Current & Beta Versions plus Discussions:
For additional information and discussions of the Custom Buttons concept you can also see:
The Custom Buttons² Extension Development Group, is a subset of the Custom Buttons² Forum members at http://custombuttons2.com/forum/, is committed to improving and maintaining the extension through Firefox 3 and beyond. Versions of the Custom Buttons extension 0.0.1.3 and earlier will not be maintained or extended by our group.
Your comments and discussion points are important to our team and are quite welcome.
Please submit Bug reports and Feature Requests at http://custombuttons2.com/forum/support/extension-support
Enjoy & please leave comments.