To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Blocks ads, popups, cookie trackers and spyware on the web, including ads on Facebook, Gmail, Youtube, Google Search and popular news sites. Works faster than competing addons. Extremely simple and light, so even your grandma can deal with AdvertBan
About this Add-on
- AdvertBan blocks ads, popups, spyware and cookie trackers.
- AdvertBan is the fastest on the Earth! This is especially noticeable on low-end computers and netbooks.
- AdvertBan is extremly easy to use. It just works out-of-the-box.
- AdvertBan is designed to consume as little network traffic as possible, so it can be used on traffic-limited network plans.
- There are no technical limits on the size of AdvertBan's ad filter database.
This means that AdvertBan can be customized for each distinct site on the web
in order to achieve perfect ad blocking results on unlimited number of sites.
- Ad filter list is automatically updated in your browser. There is no need in searching for and downloading
newest ad filters in order to cut new ads - AdvertBan loads new ad filters on demand.
- AdvertBan's ad filter database is updated in the response of
real users' feedback.
This means that eventually all the ads on all the sites AdvertBan users visit
will be blocked (if users report the ads, of course :) ).
- AdvertBan is open-source software.
Screenshots below demonstrate AdvertBan in action on popular news sites such as Wall Street Journal, USA Today and Daily Mirror.
If you like AdvertBan, then subscribe to premium support.
- Verified compatibility with Firefox versions up to v14.0a1.
- Small cleanups.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 2.2.0beta1:
To create your own collections, you must have a Mozilla Add-ons account.
- An unique identifier is assigned for each AdvertBan installation. This identifier is used only for distinction between paid users and free users.
- AdvertBan sends a small percent of truncated visited urls to the AdvertBan server in order to update local ad filter cache in the browser. These urls are truncated to the minimum length required for ad filter cache update algorithm to work. Url truncation serves two purposes:
- compliance with your privacy. Usually privacy sensitive information (session id, user id, page parameters) is stored in the end of the url, which is truncated before sending it to the AdvertBan server
- network traffic savings
- The source code of AdvertBan is available here