Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
Persistent sticky notes for Thunderbird associated to mails.
This is a port to Thunderbird >= 3 and Seamonkey >= 2 based on XNote 2.1.0 ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/3093 ) with bugfixes and additional features.
About this Add-on
XNote allows you to create a note for each mail. Thus, you can add for example the phone number of that contact or when you have to contact the sender back.
- Add notes to messages
- Custom column to mark messages with notes.
- Highlight messages with notes.
- Resizeable notes
- Translated into Dutch, English, French, Galician, German, Italian, and Japanese.
- XNote toolbar button: XNote comes with a button to add a note to a message. To enable this button, right click on the toolbar (the bar with the icons below the menu bar) and select "Customize...". Locate the "XNote" button and drag it onto your toolbar. Then select "Done" in the customization window.
- XNote column: If you want to see the "Notes" column, you have to add it via a (left-)click on the rightmost icon in the column headers of the e-mail list (above the scrollbar).
- Message tagging: As of version 2.2.3 you can enable message tagging via the XNote options dialog (Tools -- Add ons -- XNote -- Options). Before version 2.2.3, use the advanced configuration editor (Tools -- Options -- Advanced -- General -- Config Editor...) to set the property "xnote.usetag" to "true". This will create an XNote tag that will be assigned to messages with notes when creating a note or opening a message with a note.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 2.2.4b1: