Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
XNote++ 2.2.13 Requires Restart
Persistent sticky notes for Thunderbird associated to mails.
This is a port to Thunderbird >= 3 based on XNote 2.1.0 ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/3093 ) with bugfixes and additional features.
About this Add-on
XNote allows you to create a note for each mail. Thus, you can add for example the phone number of that contact or when you have to contact the sender back.
- Add notes to messages
- Custom column to mark messages with notes.
- Highlight messages with notes.
- Resizeable notes
- Translated into Dutch, English, French, Galician, German, Italian, Japanese, and Polish.
- XNote toolbar button: XNote comes with a button to add a note to a message. To enable this button, right click on the toolbar (the bar with the icons below the menu bar) and select "Customize...". Locate the "XNote" button and drag it onto your toolbar. Then select "Done" in the customization window.
- XNote column: If you want to see the "Notes" column, you have to add it via a (left-)click on the rightmost icon in the column headers of the e-mail list (above the scrollbar).
Kown major issues:
- Notes window disappears if moved too quickly. This was introduced by some Thunderbird version < 35 and I assume it to be a bug in Thunderbird's dialog movement handling. If this happens, the note's position can be reset to the default location using the context menu in the message list. Moreover, notes that moved out of the screen will appear at the bottom right corner when the corresponding e-mail is re-selected.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 2.2.11a: