Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
About this Add-on
As you see on the Lifehacker
Source code is now available on GitHub. Pull Request welcome!
Version 1.1 now works with TB 24 and onwards. Thanks so much for your support and patience.
Special thanks to Strim for providing the fix.
Thanks to AMO reviewers for the super swift review.
For TB 17 & older users:
Please download version 1.0 which is equivalent to version 1.1 apart from TB 17 & 24 difference.
In case Color Folders is not working on your Thunderbird
Color Folders actually is perfectly working on my TB 24 (Windows 7 64bit) and onwards (31.5.0 as of today).
If it is not working on your TB, please help me to find out what is going on by doing;
Open TB menu -> Tools -> Error Console (alternatively just press ctrl+shift+J).
Click "Filter" box on bottom left and type "colorfolders".
If any error/warning/message left displayed, please copy it and post it via Review form.
If you have Account Colors 6.10 installed, please try upgrading it to 6.11 or later.
- Minor cosmetic issues on Linux.
- More icons (thanks Kevin for the suggestion!).
- To support servers and special folders.
Please let me know if this extention is working on your Linux or Mac OS (with OS variant, version & TB version).
New in v1.1:
- Fixed the incompatibility with TB 22.0 and onwards.
- Works with TB 22.0 and onwards.
New in v1.0:
- Localized to en-US, en-GB and ja-JP.
- Windows Vista & 7 now show Aero (vertical folder) icons.
- Support for RSS and NNTP folders.
- More colors (70 in total).
- Some cosmetic improvements.
- Some bug fixes.
New in v0.95:
- Context menu is now correctly disabled on servers and special folders (excl. virtual folders).
- Context menu is also disabled on NNTP and RSS folders as they do not change color.
- Folder color now immediately changes even on selected folders (i.e. the known issue has been solved).
This version, therefore, no longer works with TB versions older than 22.0.
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Thunderbird because of the following: