Welcome to SeaMonkey Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make SeaMonkey your own.Close
OverbiteFF 3.1.1696 Requires Restart
About this Add-on
- Transparent support: downloads, bookmarks and links act just like any other URL
- Inline view: see documents and images right from a Gopher menu without leaving it
- Enhanced navigation (3.0+): uses CAPS facilities on participating servers to fetch server metadata, allowing easier menu navigation and additional features
- Proxy support: supports SOCKS proxy access
- Customizable skins: create your own CSS skins for menus dynamically
Gopher support is no longer built-in to Firefox 4.0 and up. If you wish to view Gopher servers with Firefox 4.0 or later, you must install an add-on such as this one. OverbiteFF is not vulnerable to the gopher XSS bug repaired in Firefox 3.6.11.
NoScript users using OverbiteFF 2.0 and higher: you may need to whitelist specific Gopher URLs to allow inline view to function, or you can whitelist the entire protocol. See your NoScript documentation, or see: Troubleshooting Overbite with script blockers (gopher URL).
This add-on is not compatible with your version of SeaMonkey because of the following: