To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
|User since||November 6, 2011|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
Outdated, buggy, crashes.This user has a previous review of this add-on.
nice try tho
This add-on is quite good but the image previews do not work. This is only a big deal for one reason: The add-on still insists on loading previews for the images, but instead attempts to load the original URL.
Consider this scenario:
1) You go to a forum and a leaked image of a new program is posted
2) The image is taken down, but you want to show your friend
3) You open up the cache and locate the entry in the list
4) You click the entry to highlight it, and it attempts to load the image from the website... only to fail
5) This "failed" image, many times a "404" image of some kind, replaces your cached image. You have now lost the original cached image forever.
I posted this problem a month ago so I'm a bit sad to see it not solved, as the solution is simple: Remove the image preview entirely from the add-on until the problem is resolved. This way I click the entry, NO image preview attempts to load the URL, and my cached image is still fine and dandy.
Please fix this!
Great add-on. Completely necessary. Thank you.
The previous user who claimed it was very tough to find this is correct. I agree with him, it's most likely why the extention isn't as popular as I'd imagine it would have been. There were no set of keywords I could use to find this. I eventually found a forum post which recommended the app and linked to it.
You'd be doing yourself a great favour by renaming it "Run Don't Download" or something of that sort.
Its good but -2 stars for only adding 10 entries to the "last closed tabs" list, and having a button that on 1 accidental click can close 600+ tabs for good.
Yeah I have a restore, but its 2 hours old, and Id been sorting that whole time!
Used to work fully. Now it doesn't in some regards. Had seen a few photos from a forum that were taken down by mods. Found it in the cache. It was SAVED as an image in cache. CVC bugged out, and decided to attempt to load the actual webpage instead of previewing the file on the drive. As a result the cache updated the links with the 404 Error pages and the cached images are gone for good.Not updating your program in time has basically screwed me over, not that I blame you, it's free (so thanks :D), but I can't in good conscience recommend this or not inform people that they as well can have this happen to them. Please update and I'll update the review accordingly. The general compatibility of your add-on with the new FF is poor.
EDIT: I have amended my rating as the low rating was not warranted for a few missing features. I am glad to see you are aware of the problems and are active in informing your user base. You'll see a 5 from me once this gets fixed.
It's very good at what it does, however there are a few bugs to note:
1) When moving too many tabs around, black "tab bars" start appearing everywhere and it becomes impossible to organize anything without a restart.
2) Sometimes the program "freezes" tabs; you cannot close them by clicking "x" and right click has no effect. It is persistently amongst any tab that is considered currently active. As well requires a full restart.
It's a good idea with a lot of neat features but man oh man is this ever buggy (for me atleast). The worst bug to me is that the context menu automatically pops down below the video, blocking the link to the user's channel as well as the description section. It takes multiple random mouse clicks to get the menu to disappear only for it to reappear randomly.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.971).
I set it to backup the last 10 crashed sessions. Upon crashing 3x in a row, I went to restore my initial session. I found it only had backed up the last crashed session. I've now lost over 50 links and will need to sort through thousands of links in "History" to find them. Yay!
EDIT: Thankfully the TabsGroup add-on I have automatically backs up some sessions by default, which means I at least have not lost all those links. However this bug is still present and should be addressed!
There are several reasons why I DO NOT recommend downloading this add-on:
1) The author fails to update the plugin.
2) It's buggy as all hell. It slows down your experience and the scripts don' always work as they suggest.
3) Updates. The authors of the scripts that TweakTube is using will ask you to update their script, but due to errors in TweakTube you will never be able to update anything.
Of course, #3 is a major issue because the author refuses to update his add-on. Since the author has turned away from his own creation I would suggest we do the same as the lack of support with this add-on is straggering!