To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
Changes from 5.5.0a10:
- Configurable display of long video titles: ellipsis at right, left, multi-lines
- Go-to-tab handle to activate the tab a video originates from
- Icon now works from the menu (options panel)
- Fixed gallery downloads with spaces in file names
- Fixed canceling download from Firefox manager cancels entry download in add-on
- Fixed wrong video window ownership when popup is launched at video start
- fix for Dailymotion change on October 11th
- added zh-TW (traditional Chinese) locale
This capture method is used in two new features:
- Browsing session capture: an easy way to make web sites demo videos. The add-on captures the visible part of a browser window and optionally, is able to highlight the mouse.
- Applet capture: the add-on analyzes the loaded page to detect Flash and video regions big enough to be considered as capturable content and creates new entries in the detected hits list. Passing the mouse over those entries highlights the related region in the page so you know what you are about to capture.
Other minor fixes and additions:
- optionally use browser's default download directory instead of VDH specific one
- optionally display VDH controls from the Tools menu
- optionally allows prefixing gallery captured files with incremental number
- MP2T capture can now be configured from the settings
- conversion output profiles can now be configured from the settings
- if converter is not installed, place ADP variants detected from the network at the bottom of the list
- MP2T Streaming capture: record some chunked streamed videos
- Twitter Periscope Auto-recorder: auto-capture Periscope live streams
- Toolbar button modes: main toolbar button in now optional
- Optional main panel compact display mode
- Improved smartnaming including obfuscated file names
- New localizations
- e10s compatible
- Many fixes
It fixes the problem 4.9.24 had with downloading since Firefox 36, provide an entirely new user interface, many more video variants, ...
Enjoy your new Video DownloadHelper !
Fixed a number of issues with YouTube
After some changes in YouTube on August 6th, a number of users reported that all downloads were failing. This was caused by a a Youtube-generated cookie. The workaround consisting of clearing the cookies before downloading was not very convenient. This addon version takes care of that issue.
Earlier this year, some other changes at YouTube caused the FLV videos downloaded through the 'network' method to have a fixed 1.7MB size and being unplayable. This is now taken care of.
video conversion feature.
direct screen capture feature.
Fixed missing toolbar dropmarker arrow in some cases
Fixed broken SmartNaming definition
From version 4.9 to 4.9.1
Fixed bug #335: Toolbar icon does not activate.
Fixed bug #337: Wrong key mapping.
- Introduced new capture method as a beta feature: direct screen capture. This makes Video DownloadHelper compatible with any site displaying videos with a flash player. Check details here.
- Improved contribution of the add-on the browser startup time.
- Fixed bug #332: Cannot add IP addresses to the black list.
- Fixed bug #328: When renamed, downloaded file looses its file extension.