Rated 1 out of 5 stars
Este diccionario no sigue los criterios científicos de la filología románica y tampoco se corresponde con las normas de la legislación vigente en la Comunidad Valenciana, que las dicta la Acadèmia Valenciana de la LLengua.
Creo que debería de retirarse este link, POR MOTIVOS ESTRICTAMENTE CIENTÍFICOS, porque conduce a confusión.
a very good help Rated 5 out of 5 stars
It is a great aid for my. It allows me to use my favorite program in my language.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (2.0.1).
I love this add on Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I just love this Firefox Add on. I simply use Firefox at home and at the office since it's traslated into Valencian Language. Nice going, guys.
Valencian native speakers really needed this add on. Thanks a lot. I will never use others internet views, just because they are not traslated into Valencian language.
Thank you very much Rated 5 out of 5 stars
This is most usefull addon I useThis review is for a previous version of the add-on (2.0.1).
thanks Rated 5 out of 5 stars
molt bona traduccio, feya falta. Gracies.
Thanks for the traslation. It's really necessary.thanks to firefox too.
congratulations Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Very Good the translation into Valencian language.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (2.0.1).
Thank you. Moltes gràcies. Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Muy buena. Molt bona.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (2.0.1).
Very Good the translation into Valencian language Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Many thanks for this traslation of Firefox into Valencian language. It's a real pleasure to any speaker of Valencian to use Firefox in our mother tongue without any problem.
In this way it would be good to remember that the Valencian is an official language according to the article 7.1 of the Valencian Statute of Autonomy and it’s included in the Spanish declaration of the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages of the European Union (EU).
The Valencian is a romance language spoken by more than 2'5 million people in the Valencian Community, (1 of the 17 autonomous communities in which Spain is divided nowadays) which is located on the Mediterranean coast.
Without any doubt, there was no translation to Firefox into Valencian language and now we have a good translation to the Valencian to be able to use and enjoy it. The rest are problems and political obsessions that have to see nothing with this interesting translation.
The "Normes del Puig" are written in 1981 by philologists and linguists of the Language and Literature Section of the Royal Academy of Valencian Culture (RACV).
The Royal Academy of Valencian Culture(RACV) was founded by the Valencian Province Government in 1915. The RACV is associated to the Instituto de España (Institute of Spain) and is a member of the C.E.C.E.L. (Spanish Confederation of Local Study Centres), of the Higher Council of Scientific Research (CSIC).
With regard to the Valencian there are neither an official unitary norms nor clear. Therefore this translation is perfectly good for all the speakers of Valencian.
And if some people wish for political or personal motives to use Firefox in Catalan language, they can use always the Catalan translation of Firefox. I don't see the problem!.
Anyway, thanks for the translation!
¡Thats perfectly woderfull! Rated 5 out of 5 stars
This review is for a previous version of the add-on (2.0.1).
The current version of catalan-valencian does not fulfill my needs as a user, due to really difficult terms I never heard about (Im valencian native).
The "El Puig" code, are official ortographical norms, have an institution whichs rules it and are used by considerable part of the population (me included).
There is not an official recommendation. For instance, Valencian Governement is granting the named institution Real Academia de Cultura Valenciana with huge amounts of money in order to keep working on the field of ruling the language.
There is different institutions interests on deleting the valencian language in order to gain influence power. That goes against the superior interest of the user, who should be free to choose which code wants. Otherwise, we are on danger to help one of the interested parts.
ISO 639-1 code for Valencian is "ca" since Valencian Administration has not ask yet for own code.
To keep locale code: This could be changed to ca-ES-puig or ca-ES-racv, where "puig" is the name of the norms used and "racv" is the name of the association which is promoting it.
Title and description should help users to freely decide whether this language pack fulfills their needs and it is really what they wanted to download.
Normes no oficials i codi d'idioma incorrecte (no-oficial grammar and incorrect iso-language code) Not yet rated
Per les mateixes apreciacions que ja ha fet en Toni Hermoso
The same comments that Toni Hermoso made before.
Suggested changes Not yet rated
- Translated strings from this add-on are derived from es-ES corresponding ones using Mozilla Translator.
- "roa-ES-val" is used as a locale code
- Translation is made up according to "El Puig" norms, which are non-official ortographical norms (not used neither in administration nor in education) elaborated by RACV association (http://www.racv.es). It diverts from the official ortographic norms in different issues. For example, it uses "ch" digraph, which is also present in Spanish. However, this is not accepted by official institutions for representing the same sound.
- There is already an official version of this language for Firefox under Catalan-Valencian name (there other resources which use the same terminology, for instance: http://www.om-plural.org/). Valencian is the official, traditional and historical name of Catalan language in present-day Autonomous Community of Valencia. A language may have different names, even in the same country, as this happens with Spanish and Castilian.
- Official Firefox translation is based upon recommendations from official institutions, which governments and schools must follow. These are: Acadèmia Valenciana de la Llengua (http://www.avl.gva.es/) and Institut d'Estudis Catalans (http://www.iec.cat)
- ISO 639-1 code for Valencian is "ca" (http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/English_list.php)
- Change of locale code: This could be changed to ca-ES-puig or ca-ES-racv, where "puig" is the name of the norms used and "racv" is the name of the association which is promoting it.
- Title and description should include the facts given above, so users can freely decide whether this language pack fulfills their needs and it is really what they wanted to download. A suggested title could be: "Normes del Puig based Valencian" or "RACV based Valencian". Description or title should note that these are actually the norms used and that they are also not official.
Hope this helps!
Technical review Not yet rated
This is a merely technical review of this addon.
Most prominently, this addon breaks software updates.
Users of this addon will *not* get security updates automatically.
Bernado, please remove the preferences and refer to the locale switcher addon instead. Technical note, software update got fixed in Firefox 126.96.36.199 or so to actually work, as long as you don't modify the default value, which shipping the pref in an addon does.
From a translation coverage and completeness, this addon seems to be good.
This addon includes two search plug-ins. This is something we'd rather not have for language packs, those should just be on AMO as search plugins proper. That way, the operators for those search services can get them pulled individually. We're not going to evaluate this on a case by case basis, thus "rather not". Bernado, could you remove those, too?
I'll leave comments on the actual translation up to users with native language skills.
Rating really low due to security update bustage.