To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
You can choose to create a direct link, or one that allows the recipient to preview the full URL before visiting it.
There are several ways to generate short URL:
- Simply click the icon in the status bar at the bottom of the window. A short URL is created as defined in the options dialog.
- Right click the icon with red scissors. This will give you the choice to create a normal short URL or one which is "Previewable". The default type is shown in bold. This can be changed using the optioins dialogue.
- Right click anywhere on the page and select "Create short URL for this page" to create a short URL for the current page.
- Right click any link on a page and select "Create short URL for this link" to create a short URL for the link destination. These context menu options can be removed using the options dialogue.
- Use the toolbar button to create a short URL for the current page. To add the toolbar button, right click the toolbar, select customise and then drag the short URL button onto the toolbar where you want it.