Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- Re-enabled menus again by default. Sorry for the confusion everyone!
- Fixed rules and handling of verbs.
- Settings now use the extensions prefix. Users may need to re-enter the settings (sorry about this).
- Refactored a few depreciated code.
- Now runs with E10S enabled. This actually needs a lot more work (patches are welcome), but for now it will at least run with E10S enabled using compatibility shims.
- Fix a problem with the context menu checkmark.
- Fix a problem parsing the Warodai dictionary data.
- Write the Unicode byte-order marker when saving to a new UTF-8 file. This can be disabled in the options.
like it was always enabled.
- Fix Thunderbird tabs, conversation mode.
- Fix Firefox "always start" not working correctly.
- In Firefox, show toolbar icon by default. To remove: Right-click, customize, drag off the toolbar.
- Added a lookup box that you can add anywhere in the toolbar. Press ESC or double-click the popup to close the display. See http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/how-do-i-customize-toolbars for instructions on how to customize the toolbar.
- Added Firefox option to show the lookupbar at the bottom of the screen.
- Added option to hide "(X)" marked dictionary entries.
- Fixed Firefox lookupbar positioning (again).
- Fixed a few problems in Options dialog.
- When a new dictionary is added, the Dictionary tab of the Options window is
now shown to remind users that they can change the order.
- The "d" key that hides/shows definition is now temporary and a restart will
reset the setting. You can still change the default setting in the Options window.
- When LookupBar is activated, it automatically uses the selected text. This
behavior can now be turned off in the Options window.
- Fix LookupBar position in Firefox 4.
- The "translate alt/title tags" setting can now be changed in the Options
- Update install version for Firefox 4 (beta/nightly). The dictionaries have also been updated for v4.
- Fix: Not working after using middle button auto scroll.
- Use an sqlite database for the dictionaries. This significantly reduces
memory use, and speeds up turn-on time.
- Multiple dictionaries can now be installed at the same time. Use ENTER,
SHIFT or keys 1 to 9 while the popup is visible to cycle though the available
dictionaries. The Options window can be used to set the order in which the
dictionaries are shown.
- Added a Download button in the Options:Dictionaries window.
- Use the K key to make the popup stick(ier) and not hide it immediately. This
should make it easier to select the content of the popup for copying to the
clipboard. Thanks to Zork Zero for his help.
- Added option "always enable at startup" under Options:General:Enable Mode.
- Save string settings in Unicode. Thanks to Zork Zero.
- Use default create mode when saving to a file to make it more compatible
with Windows XP. Thanks to Andrew W.
- The "D" key can now be used to hide the word's definition and show only the
readings as a hint. This setting is also available in Options:Dictionaries. It
does not affect copied/saved entries.
- Work-around problem getting path in Firefox 3.7a6.
- Fixed: Rikaichan may fail to display info when in Thunderbird 2.x's main window. Also generates invalid top/left error messages in the console.
- Fixed: Status bar icon transparency (new icon was also repacked in 1.07a).
- Fixed: Position was wrong when document was zoomed. Thanks to Zork Zero for his help.
- Fixed: Position may be wrong when over a listbox.
- Added: Option to disable the mini help display.
- Now works even when the word is split between elements. Thanks to Zork Zero.
- Added icon in Firefox's status bar. Left-click to activate Rikaichan, right-click for menu. Disable in the Options dialog. Thanks to Zork Zero.
- Replaced the welcome message box with a friendlier welcome page.
- Fixed SeaMonkey 2.0 compatibility.
- Stop highlighting (selecting) if user manually selects another text. Thanks to Glenn M.
- Show quick keyboard help at start.
- Fixed: Disabling the hotkeys may cause Rikaichan to activate unexpectedly instead.
* Fixed: 'Exception: TypeError: document.getElementById...' in Thunderbird 3.0b2.
* Now installs in SeaMonkey. Thanks to Alfredo F.
* Added option to disable view keys in Preferences.
- Adjust document size setting is now off by default.
- SELECT/OPTION elements are now translated in Firefox 3.
- Cleaner results when over RUBY elements, thanks to Akira.
- Entries with multiple kana readings, but the same kanji and definition are now folded into one line.
- Fixed (adj-i) entries were not detected properly.
- Tweaked popup position.
- Can now be enabled for the "current tab," "current browser" (default) or "all browsers." Go to Options:General to change this setting.
- Added rules for -chau.
- Added Henshall index in the kanji dictionary.
- Key "Y" moves the popup 20 pixels down temporarily.
- Key "B" moves the selection back 1 character, "N" moves the selection forward 1 word (longest matched), "M" moves the selection 1 character forward. Note: This only works *within the current element*.
** Please use the latest dictionary files (currently 1.09) with this version.
Fixed: Max copy/save options not working.
- Added support for ALT/TITLE attributes (image descriptions, etc.). Thanks to Seth D. for his help.
- Added copy to clipboard function.
- In lookupbar, the popup is no longer hidden when switching windows if sticky pin is on.
0.5.10: Fixed a problem that may cause entries from the dictionary to be sent along with emails when using Thunderbird.