Perfect View provides the following functionality:
1) capturing of page elements and tab contents,
2) slide shows of images on web pages and in folders (bmp/gif/jpg/jpeg/png),
3) fast zooming, panning and rotating of viewed images, and
4) one-click saving with auto-numbering (bmp/jpeg/png).
In contrast to similar add-ons, Perfect View provides:
1) image slide shows with randomize, sort and transition options,
2) viewer background color based on the dominant color in images,
3) image transformation by mouse move and mouse scroll, without clicks or in-screen buttons.
Loading, viewing and saving of images is controlled by the options in the Perfect View button menu. The following instructions are available as tool tips of the menu.
Image content may be obtained from the following four sources:
1) Element selection: Select and capture a page element.
2) Tab capturing: Capture the current tab content.
3) Page images: View images on the page as slide show.
4) Folder images: View images in a chosen local folder as a slide show.
The image source may be chosen using the large buttons at the top of the panel or by changing the toolbar button source option.
The viewer mode may be started using the toolbar button, the buttons at the top of the menu panel, or the 'View' option from the context menu of an image. The image may be zoomed, positioned and rotated using the mouse or the keyboard:
> PAN = mouse move = arrow keys.
> ZOOM = (ctrl) mouse scroll = (ctrl) +/-/0 key.
> ROTATE = shift mouse scroll = shift +/-/0 key.
> NEXT = click left = space bar / page down.
> PREVIOUS = click right = backspace / page-up.
> EXIT = click toolbar button = escape key.
Viewed images may be saved in a chosen local folder, at the actual viewed scale, optionally clipped, in one of several formats.
> SAVE = ctrl click = ctrl space bar.
> When viewing the images on a page, using right-click to go to the previous image no more works on Firefox 24+. This will be fixed in the next version. Please contact me by mail if you encounter bugs like this.
> Using the content area context menu to view background images may fail on certain pages, but element capturing will work in such cases. A solution is being worked on.
Please donate to enable future improvements:
> Still smoother motion due to code optimization.
> Pre-loading of image files for faster transitions.
> Full support for the Australis menu panel.
> Optional interface in the viewer mode.
> Miniature view of folder and page content.
> Miniature view of saved images.
> Predefined window dimensions for viewing and saving.
> Image filters and transforms.
> Batch operations on local images.
Requests mean business
I do take feature requests seriously, but my time is limited. If you have a request and want me to move it to the top of the list for a given extension, please donate $50 and submit your request. If you want me to start working on it as soon as possible, donate $100. If you have an idea for a new extension which you would like to see implemented, consider donating $500 for a week's work until you're satisfied with the result.