To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
After installing Panic Button, the Panic Button toolbar button will be automatically added to the browser toolbar, if it is not there already.
• Make Panic Button work for you by choosing one of the following actions: Hide All Windows (the fastest option; a Restore Session toolbar appears after all Firefox app windows close so that you can bring back the browser windows after danger has passed), Minimize All Windows (slowest option – but all windows can be restored), Quit (close all windows and quit Firefox), or Hide and Replace (hides all browser windows and replaces them with a browser window displaying a web page at a specific URL; click on the Panic Button again to restore the browser session).
• Press F9 to invoke the Panic Button action; the shortcut key can be customized, if desired.
• Customizable toolbar button caption and icon. There are 20 toolbar button images to choose from. An image file on your computer can also be used; oversized images will be automatically resized.
• Instantly customize the Panic Button toolbar button icon by right-clicking on the button and then selecting the desired icon from the Select An Icon panel. Available on Firefox 29 and newer; not available on Mac OS X
• Works with Private Browsing mode
Supported languages: English (United States), Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Turkish.
Things You Should Know About:
• Any downloads in progress will continue in the background if clicking the Panic Button to hide or minimize all windows. If Quit was selected in extension preferences as the Panic Button action, downloads in progress will be canceled.
- Bug fix: Options panel of extension preferences dialog doesn't work on Firefox Dev Edition
- Bug fix: Restoring browser windows only restores the first one
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 2.0rc1: