Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Now Playing X 1.1.7
by Juha Laakso
Now Playing X allows you to use MSN or Live Messenger’s “Show what I’m listening to” feature with services like YouTube.
Other supported instant messaging (IM) clients are: AOL Instant Messenger AIM, Google Talk, Skype and Yahoo! Messenger
About this Add-on
Other supported instant messaging (IM) clients are:
AOL Instant Messenger, AIM
To enable these go to the Tools menu, and click Now Playing X. Tick the corresponding checkbox. Please use the latest available version of your IM client!
In principle you can use Now Playing X with which ever site you want be it blog, social networking, video or wiki. You can easily add your favourite sites through options. Page title or specific HTML-element can be used as now playing status text source. YouTube is supported by default. See configuration examples and user's guide http://hunajatehdas.net/now-playing-x/configuration-examples.html
In order to support different IM clients this extension contains binary components. Additionally AIM users need to install a separate plugin when asked. .Net Framework is required if you want to use this extension with AIM, Skype or Yahoo! Messenger.
25.6.2009 Important Note
YouTube tweaked their site. To get it work go to Tools > Now Playing X. Select YouTube. Click Edit.. and select (o) Plain element and then type in
Tag name: h1
- Architecture: Global variables removed
- Fire.fm status should now be persistent
- Fixed Unicode support (didn't work directly because of bug 229379) All languages should now display correctly
- Added support for Fire.fm extension
- Added Songbird support (Currently for Websites only)
- Some common functions moved to helperfunctions.js
- Tested OK for Firefox 3.1b2
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following:
To create your own collections, you must have a Mozilla Add-ons account.
End-User License Agreement
2. You may make back-up copies of the software for archival purposes. You may permanently transfer your license to use the software to another party who will be bound by this agreement.
3. The software is protected by the copyright laws of the U.S. and other countries, and we retain all intellectual property rights in the software. You may not separately publish, sell, market, distribute, lend, lease, rent, or sublicense the software code. However, this license is not to be construed as prohibiting or limiting any fair use sanctioned by copyright law, such as permitted library and classroom usage or reverse engineering.
4. We warrant that the software will provide the features and functions generally described in the product specification on our website when you purchased it and in the product documentation. Media on which the Software is furnished, if any, will be free from defects in materials and workmanship.
5. We have taken all reasonable steps to keep the software free of viruses, spyware, "back door" entrances, or any other harmful code. We will not track or collect any information about you, your data, or your use of the software except as you specifically authorize. The software will not download or install patches, upgrades, or any third party software without getting your permission. We will not intentionally deprive you of your ability to use any features of the software or access to your data.
6. We do not warrant that the software or your ability to use it will be uninterrupted or error-free. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
7. Your exclusive remedy under the above limited warranty shall be, at our option, either a full refund of the purchase price or correction of the defective software or media. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all liability for indirect or consequential damages that arise under this license agreement. Nothing in this agreement limits our liability to you in the event of death or personal injury resulting from gross negligence, fraud, or knowing misrepresentation on our part.
8. If any part of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms will stay in effect. This agreement does not prejudice the statutory rights of any party dealing as a consumer.
9. This agreement will be governed by the laws of Finland.
10. This agreement does not supersede any express warranties we made to you. Any modification to this agreement must be agreed to in writing by both parties.